GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issue installed DeAutoKey rear dome lights

sskamboj

Ready to race!
So last night I was installing my Deautokey LED interior kit and ran into a road block. Everything went fine except for the rear dome lights. After taking out the factory halogen bulbs and inserting the LED's, I noticed they wouldn't seat properly and kept falling out of the sockets when putting the plastic cover back on. I tried several attempts and the same thing kept happening. Is this something I can fix by taking out the light harness and tightening the sockets or am I screwed and have to get a new socket? I also noticed that when I put the stock bulbs back in they wouldn't light unless I jiggled them around a bit and even then they would only light if I held them in a certain position. Any feedback would be appreciated. T.I.A. :(

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, if you look at the socket with a flash light you'll see that its just prongs holding it in. You can gently squeeze them together to make a tighter connection.

sskamboj

Ready to race!
Yea it took a bit of tinkering but I got them installed. They kept falling out of the socket for until I found the sweet spot. Thanks for the help everyone!

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Squeeze the sockets together while the bulb is out. Reinstall bulb.

Yeah, if you look at the socket with a flash light you'll see that its just prongs holding it in. You can gently squeeze them together to make a tighter connection.

The rear dome lights can be a bit tricky to install.

Yea it took a bit of tinkering but I got them installed. They kept falling out of the socket for until I found the sweet spot. Thanks for the help everyone!

Great advice, the prongs do have a bit of play and pressing them together will make a tight fit. The back domes are a bit tricky.

Glad it worked out. Enjoy the LEDs. :thumbsup: