GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PITTSBURGH Mkvi's

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Nice! How much are they charging for the flash? I'm wondering if when V3.1 (yes, another god damn update) comes out if I should drive back to HS in Cleveland and get it for free or go local, but probably pay for it.

Not sure how much, come to think of it they didn't say.

I know I could have just gone to 3rivers VW for the tune since its close and all, but it feels weird going to a dealership for aftermarket stuff like that. Especially since thats the dealership that I purchased from and go to when I need stuff done.

Clevelands a bit of a drive, and even though the update is free I guess you have to factor in the cost of gas and such. Course it would make for a fun drive home! ;)

CW GTi1

Ready to race!
Welcome! You will find everyone to be friendly here... Well except CW GTI, he is one of those douchebags who thinks he's sweet cuz he drives an EVO :D :D

:lol::lol: I see I'm still welcome here........... :D

slickmike

Thank you for the warning! The mods will start shortly, however this will be my DD as alot of my funds go towards my track car (Porsche 944 turbo and Track Days)

Anyone take their GTI to PittRace(Beaver run), Watkins Glen, Mid Ohio or Nelsons? Interested to see what it does!

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
thinking of switching tunes if I go KO4... probably driver motorsport cuz they have rev hang delete.

do you guys ever hook up in 3rd or is it just a rolling burnout at 60? :laugh:

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
thinking of switching tunes if I go KO4... probably driver motorsport cuz they have rev hang delete.

With the light weight flywheel I don't really have much rev hang.

3rd gear at 30 or 40 (even with the v2 file) I can keep the tires from breaking loose.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion

Summer tires and you won't spin third rarely ever. I have a peloquin diff, bfg g-force sport comp 2's and hook up through most of second even. Winter is a different story. With snows I swear I can blow the tires off in fifth. Lol.

natehultman

Ready to race!
Rear Sway Bar Question

Quick question for everyone in here, looking to get a rear sway bar, front probably in the future.
What are people running? Which ones should I avoid?
I'm looking at AllSet's group buy on the Neuspeed rear bar for $209 shipped and adding the Endlinks for $169.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Quick question for everyone in here, looking to get a rear sway bar, front probably in the future.
What are people running? Which ones should I avoid?
I'm looking at AllSet's group buy on the Neuspeed rear bar for $209 shipped and adding the Endlinks for $169.

Endlinks shouldn't be necessary. Not sure how the neuspeed is setup, but from my experience H&R has the best bars out there. I've been running there front and rear ones for three years and over 70k and not a noise out of them. Stock endlinks also.

Sizes depend on if the bar is solid or hollow. I run a 24mm rear and 26mm front. I believe the h&r's are solid.

natehultman

Ready to race!
Having Nick install some springs next week and I wanted to get an idea of who/where everyone has gone for an alignment in Pittsburgh?
Sorry if this has been mentioned in the 92 pages of posts, I really didn't feel like searching thru each page.

CW GTi1

Ready to race!
Drove the mk7 gti yesterday. Much improved, the brakes feel a lot better, engine feels good, looks good, steering has a lot more feel and weight to it, etc. Overall I was impressed with the car. I recommend going and driving it since they have one specifically for test drives only.