GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PITTSBURGH Mkvi's

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Good time today.

Got to see some fast 10 second Beetles on the track.

I second this, was a good time even though the sun baked us pretty good lol.

I could see the fear in everyones eyes when my wife fired up the honda and we headed towards the gates to leave, they were all afraid.... VERY AFRAID!

CW GTi1

Ready to race!
Saw a red golf r this morning in mt Lebanon, anyone on here?

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Saw a red golf r this morning in mt Lebanon, anyone on here?

Possibly Leifg's R? Could have been us on the way out to the show.

CW GTi1

Ready to race!
Yeah it definitely had a roof rack and possibly r tails. Was sitting at coffee tree around 9:30am and saw it

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Haha...simultaneous posting

HAHA... too funny, great car minds think alike I guess. Pretty cool you were spotted though.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
damn I haven't been on here in awhile. So many new names!! this is so much more active then when I joined lol... its awesome. What's everyone up to this weekend? I've barely had time to drive my baby recently man. Last night I went up to mt washington with a friend and met up with some bikes, an MKV GTI slammed etc. it had a eurojet catless resonated downpipe and SPM track catback. no joke the best sounding 4 banger I've heard. and it crackled like a mofo... think I'm going for straight pipes and one small res this winter.

kinda pissed I missed the VW event but alas, class comes first... how was it? any pics?

and who on here is near monroeville I've been seeing MK6's all the time for some reason now lol

leifg

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't know of anything specific going on this weekend. I am busy, so I will be out for any get together until next week.

The next "big" VW car show (local) that I am aware of is in October. Doesn't mean we can't all go do something sooner...

leifg

Passed Driver's Ed
As for pictures, I have some, just need to get them off of the wife's camera! Also have a few videos of 50+ year old Beetles running 10 second quarter miles!

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I swear 3river VW has gone down hill and is now ran by a bunch of baboons!

Called first thing Monday morning to schedule appointment for water pump. Woman at reception desk is like "Oh, I can schedule that for ya. Usually the timing BELT is replaced at the same time as well". Ummmm, what?! Can I speak to the service department please, "oh, sure.... *click* get disconnected". Call back, get same woman. After she apologizes for hanging up, I ask for the service department again. Oh he's on the other line, please hold. Few moments later, "ok he's off now", phone rings straight to a voice mail *GRRRR* so I leave a message. They never call me back. So Tuesday after work I drive there to make the appointment in person. After telling him about the black substance under the car. He's looking at me as if he's never heard of black stuff under a car before. But the REAL kicker is, he couldn't even tell me nor guarantee that this work would be warrantied. I told him that the warranty was purchased through them... "Oh I know, but I have to call them, and ask whats covered and what isn't covered". I don't know if it was this dudes first day on the job or what but I don't have much confidence in this place anymore. They can't get me in till Monday. All the while my cars pissing a nice big puddle in the parking lot -sigh- I HOPE that this isn't a sign of whats to come on Monday.

Not to mention, driving around with the factory intake on SUCKS! The car has absolutely no mid or top end anymore, not to mention all the sweet noises are gone.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I swear 3river VW has gone down hill and is now ran by a bunch of baboons!

Called first thing Monday morning to schedule appointment for water pump. Woman at reception desk is like "Oh, I can schedule that for ya. Usually the timing BELT is replaced at the same time as well". Ummmm, what?! Can I speak to the service department please, "oh, sure.... *click* get disconnected". Call back, get same woman. After she apologizes for hanging up, I ask for the service department again. Oh he's on the other line, please hold. Few moments later, "ok he's off now", phone rings straight to a voice mail *GRRRR* so I leave a message. They never call me back. So Tuesday after work I drive there to make the appointment in person. After telling him about the black substance under the car. He's looking at me as if he's never heard of black stuff under a car before. But the REAL kicker is, he couldn't even tell me nor guarantee that this work would be warrantied. I told him that the warranty was purchased through them... "Oh I know, but I have to call them, and ask whats covered and what isn't covered". I don't know if it was this dudes first day on the job or what but I don't have much confidence in this place anymore. They can't get me in till Monday. All the while my cars pissing a nice big puddle in the parking lot -sigh- I HOPE that this isn't a sign of whats to come on Monday.

Not to mention, driving around with the factory intake on SUCKS! The car has absolutely no mid or top end anymore, not to mention all the sweet noises are gone.

There are definitely tards there. I was going to get my tune updated there and apparently there is only one girl that handles it and I tried calling three times and everytime they switched me to her it got disconnected. I gave up and went elsewhere after that.

As for the "whats covered" thing, they will always tell you they don't know if it will be covered, but it should be. Granted I was in Ohio at the time, they told me the same thing and ended up fixing it. I just told them to STOP before they started changing parts that weren't covered under warranty.

I hate dealerships. They seem to only employee to best of all idiots to roam the earth. I've only been 3 times and the only reason I even went was because the car was under warranty and I didn't want to pay 2-300 bucks out of pocket for parts if I didn't have to. I seriously don't know how any of them stay in business though. Every single time I've went to a dealer there has been a problem.