GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.5l fog light install parts4euro kit

UseYourName

Hello Internet world and all who inhabit it. This is my first post to the forum I've lurked for quite some time. My 2011 4 door is missing fog lights from factory. I searched up a kit found one at parts4euro.com which for the price of 200$ came with everything I need but instructions even though they were promised on the product page. Basically me and my friend who is actually going into the automotive field of work are going to attempt a not entirely blind install. By not entirely I mean I've googled and pulled several pages on my phone of installations of euroswitches and disassembly of the front bumper and fogs. But there wasn't a straight up install guide anywhere so I'll try to make my own over the course of this weekend. If anyone could give advice on the installation any aspects of it; the mounting of the actual lights to running the wire harness through the firewall. And wether or not the fogs will be plug and play or will I have to do some coding, The forums have told me much and I've understodd precious little on the requirements for vagcom. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Lights are plug and play, no coding required. once you run the harness through the fire wall, it plugs into a pin on your switch, I can't recall which number though. The housings go into a small tab with a slot and then you screw them into the bumper, very easy, you'll see what I mean when you take the grills off. pretty easy job

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, it's really not too bad. I actually snapped the clips on my grills, so be careful of that lol

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
It's not terrible. A few ground connections, a connection of the fuse box in the engine bay, a wire that connects to the headlight switch and the rest is really self explanatory.

There should be an install somewhere for the MkV and it's the same thing.

golf 6

Ready to race!
One perfect dose, gp performance, and someone on ebay sell the fog lights set up maybe drop them a email for a copy of the wiring diagram let us know how you get on could do with the help for future

golf 6

Ready to race!
Can someone help me! How do I know what bulb my fog lights take? And do the fog light bulbs come with the fitting to attach it to the housing

deph25l

Not to hijack this thread, but on a related note.

Is there any major difference between the OEM and the various kits out there? I'm considering the fog light kit too but I can't spend $400+ on this! Also is it really that easy!? Should I attempt it or maybe just bring it to a garage?

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Personally, the oem is superior in quality, if you want an oem style kit, which is cheaper, purchase the wire harness from ecs tuning, the bulbs of your choice, oem euro switch, and chinese/ebay grills. That way your reliability is 100% due to the ecs harness and oem switch, but you save money on,housings, grills etc