GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver side seat upholstery coming apart at seam

Letus

Passed Driver's Ed
I wear a highly abrasive reinforced nylon trainer's belt every day and it cut through the seat back fabric on my 09 Rabbit. I was keeping an eye out for a whole seat from the 2nd hand market but was having a hard time finding non-GTI seats, but the car was totaled before I could find one.

Cabriolet

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a company in England that manufactures a nice nylon cover for our front seats. Do not remember their name but they sell on EBay.

I use the cover so i don't stain my seat after running in the summer. They are cut to the exact shape of our seats. They cost about $75.00 and are well worth it. I also purchased one for my wife's GTI and she loves it.

mmmoose

Ready to race!
There is a company in England that manufactures a nice nylon cover for our front seats. Do not remember their name but they sell on EBay.

I use the cover so i don't stain my seat after running in the summer. They are cut to the exact shape of our seats. They cost about $75.00 and are well worth it. I also purchased one for my wife's GTI and she loves it.

My only concern with seat covers is whether they'll slow down or stop the side airbags from deploying. Some manufacturers claim that they still work fine, but realistically speaking they obviously can't crash test every single car fitted with their product. I think I'll take stained/worn seats over potential head injuries, fractured pelvis, dislocated shoulder, etc.

Not trying to lecture you or anything, but just be aware of the risks involved with those types of products. Don't want to see anyone get injured.

:yikes: