GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OFFICIAL US 2010 GTI PRICING.

captjohn

Interesting. When VW announced the Mk.VI they said that it would have "a completely new 2.0L turbo engine, not a tuned edition of the Mk.V" and that the new engine would produce 210 Horsepower. Now I see that the Mk. VI has 200 horses, same as the Mk.V. I think I will be sticking with my Mk.V for a while!

darknightohio1

Ready to race!
It all looks like an illusion...they got rid of some stuff to keep the price the same, and then jacked up the options. Xenons are no longer standard. I hope they bring their R20 over here.

Btw, how much did MK5 weight? This one is at 3k pounds.

Well to be fair, the interior quality and build is said to be much better than the MKV. Also the MKVI comes with a touch screen unit standard. The MKVI also has new sound insulation and XDS.

Miglan20

Driver
"front sport seats with lumbar" on the autobahn package is a good indication that we will get the less bolstered polo seats for the interlagos option AGAIN!!!!! I just do not get that decision by VW.

Alex.

Ready to race!
Just so you feel inferior when you get cloth, and so you become more inclined to get the Autobahn. My dealer said that vw only makes about 1,400 on each GTI sold at MSRP, I think that they make most thier money from options.

bad2bone

Passed Driver's Ed

Attachments

• GTI Cloth Seats.jpg
    GTI Cloth Seats.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,134
Last edited:

Skamish

Passed Driver's Ed
Btw just an update on release info..i spoke to a friend who works at a VW dealer and in his system he is receiving the first manual 2 door gtis in a week he said at the end of august. The 4 door automatics he's receiving on september 3rd..and he said about 2 weeks later he'll be getting the 2 door automatics.

Albert310

GTI V DSG O.CT1
Hope you buy one and have the same fun I gone have (and had with my chipped V)!
Just traded my GTI V for a new GTI VI. Delivery is this coming week!!

The old one:

The new one:

Just can't wait!!!

Ped

ah im gutted to be honest...

I just brought a MK5 new 8 months ago in the UK i payed £26,000 ($43,000) fully loaded.

I could have brought 2 cars for the price of mine if i lived in the US !!

I guess its our fault for paying it.. they know they can put the price tag on it because we will pay it too...

on a side note I wont be trading my MK V in because it will have lost so much money in the first 12 months, ive only done 4,000 miles in it.. and I realy really like it loads, im not to keen on the MK VI styling to be honest, it looks a little smaller, Ive not looked at the dimensions, it just looks odd.

I only have my self to blame for paying that much, I drove a friends GTI and wanted one so i went and brought one !! lol

Anyways I just went onto the UK site and did a quick compare, I first saw that start-up prices for the GTI were from £22,415 to £24,305

So then I started to add all of the "Extra's" that are on my current car and it came in rather expensive

So im pleased with that outcome ;-)

All of the above extras are on my MK V as well so its not worth me upgrading, so im a happy bunny

Still not happy with the price difference between US and UK though !

Last edited:

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
xgstq,
You also forgot to add that from the 1st September in the UK theres a price rise of 3.2% on the VW golf models!!! Then of cause if your order does not arrive before 31 december and due to low allocation at dealers and large waiting lists this could happen, theres is a VAT tax rise of 2.5% (talked about 3% now) in effect from the 1st January 2010!! So adding even more to the price..
Also the cars more expensive in germany for once. So it does p1ss me off when i keep reading in American forums how badly done by they all think they are by VW, not been offered them this or that when you can get it in europe blah blah blah. Get over it your been subsidised by everyone else!

Ped

Why is there a 3.2% hike in Sept Snoopy ?

Im done with buying new cars, I went into VW wanting to buy a 12 month old less than 10,000 on the clock and come out with a brand new one ! haha

I do love it to pieces though, so robust so nice to drive... I just cant justify parting with hard earnt good money, its me that will loose out...but i suppose there in it to make hard cash as well !

I was just gutted when this thread opened, where is the justification

Standard US price $24,000 = £14,500
Standard UK price $37,100 = £22,400

For the same dam car !!

Why is there a 3.2% hike in Sept Snoopy ?

Im done with buying new cars, I went into VW wanting to buy a 12 month old less than 10,000 on the clock and come out with a brand new one ! haha

I do love it to pieces though, so robust so nice to drive... I just cant justify parting with hard earnt good money, its me that will loose out...but i suppose there in it to make hard cash as well !

I was just gutted when this thread opened, where is the justification

Standard US price $24,000 = £14,500
Standard UK price $37,100 = £22,400

For the same dam car !!

Although most Americans are probably oblivious, it is pretty sweet for us on this side of the pond in that regard. Of course, we don't get half the fun stuff the rest of the world does, so that may balance some of it out. I do know that I'm glad to be back in the US (was in Frankfurt recently) when buying fuel. Although prices in Germany have dropped significantly over the past year, it was still 1.388 Euros/L (which is USD$5.25 per gallon if I'm doing the math right) for 95 octane. Let it hit $4.00/gallon here again and maybe VW will finally give us the friggin' 170 bhp 2.0L diesel and/or the GTD. Or maybe the current generation Ford Focus??!!??