GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev Hang Solutions?

thenorth

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys,

I've read lots of threads on Rev hang and everyone always keys in on which gear your shifting to or something different but I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction on this.

When driving normally or aggressively, removing my foot from the gas and clutching in regardless of if I hold the clutch or hit another gear the revs hang.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Mods in sig.

thenorth

Passed Driver's Ed
Updated sig after today's intake and short shift install.

JS12

Ready to race!
Upgrading your clutch to one that uses a single mass flywheel will make a huge difference but there are trade offs that you should be aware of before making the switch - mostly noise related.

My revs actually dropped too fast for my preference after I installed the Sachs SRE clutch. I then installed a Fluidampr pulley which smoothed out the vibrations a bit and has the added benefit (at least to me) of increasing the rev hang a bit. Revs still drop much quicker than stock.

zrickety

The Fixer
Can't see your sig on tapatalk, but APR tune helped rev hang for me. Also adjusting your shifts a split second sooner, it won't be an issue.

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
Upgrading your clutch to one that uses a single mass flywheel will make a huge difference but there are trade offs that you should be aware of before making the switch - mostly noise related.

My revs actually dropped too fast for my preference after I installed the Sachs SRE clutch. I then installed a Fluidampr pulley which smoothed out the vibrations a bit and has the added benefit (at least to me) of increasing the rev hang a bit. Revs still drop much quicker than stock.

I agree with this entirely. The SMFW has changed the way my car runs. Sometimes they actually fall too fast. Especially with the AC on. But ill take it. Rev hang was the worst while stock.

thenorth

Passed Driver's Ed
I've gotta think that my clutch will go soon and then I will be opening up that transmission. I'm really not one for chatter so I think I'll bite my lip and live with it. I'm full Revo stage 2 for those on tapatalk and currently have 100,000KM on her.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
There are TONS of threads on this. But I'll summarize my advice,

the revs will drop faster when you clutch in while the motor is in full vacuum. If you don't have a boost gauge, this will be hard to tell, but you can feel it. Essentially, 1->2, stay out of boost, lightly feather off the gas, clutch in, you'll see the rpm's drop quickly.