GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

chucka's "keeping it simple" build thread

chucka

Ready to race!
Decided to make a build thread since I've stated doing stuff to the car.

Bought the car April last year (I think) from Boardwalk.

Ordered OEM Cherry LED Tail lights a couple days later (favorite mod to date still)

Rolled around like this for a while. I really like TDI wheels. comfy ride too.

So then I got an itch to swap out the interior with Leather. Didn't take long before someone on here offered 2010 Jetta Leatherette at a pretty good deal.

time passed, was busy getting the house ready to sell and other stuff in my life was keeping me busy. Finally sold the house in January and decided to treat myself with a couple things. Koni Coilovers and some new wheels, Work VS-XX. had them all installed over at AJ's house by Cesar.

And while the wife and I were out looking at new houses AJ took a few pics of it.

a couple other additions to top it off for now.
RNS-315

Color matched Front Reflectors

will update here when changes happen. I know of 2-3 that should be done in the next few weeks.

chucka

Ready to race!
x2, that was a mistake IMO. I'd want the GTI seats. Infinitely better bolstering and real leather.

Otherwise, really nice car!

I like how you just assume I had the choice of these or GTI Leather. If I could have found GTI leather seats I would have done that. I'm always looking for them.
But for now these seats are nicer than the plaid IMHO, even with the smaller bolster.

Last edited: