GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 GTI Driver's Edition w/ Manual Transmission

Regal33

Hello all, new here and first post.

Last week I bought a brand new 2014 GTI Driver's Edition w/ Manual Transmission, from a dealer in NJ. Well after a few days I heard a really loud rattle when the car was in neutral. Engaging the clutch killed the noise. Shifting was fine and there were no other noises when driving.

Long story short, I brought it into the dealer to pick up my plates, have the first courtesy inspection, and they ended up keeping it. I got a call today saying that they are going to replace the transmission!

Should I be worried, or happy that they are going this far! I'm still shocked, it only has 340 miles on it!

Thanks for reading.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
the only way i would be worried is how much would cost unless warranty covers it, i would be happy for a good piece of mind down the road.

mcfaddenmkvi

Ready to race!
I'd be happy they are taking the steps to make it right. Could be worse they could have said its fine or its because it's new.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
With 340 miles, I would suspect that it would definitely be covered by warranty. I wouldn't worry to much about it. As with anything, there are fluke occurrences and failures, I'd guess this is what happened with your transmission. At least your dealer seems on the ball about it all.

njswider

Ready to race!
unless they could prove that you were the worst stick shift driver ever, which i HIGHLY doubt you are, i would make sure the dealer takes 100% responsibility of the issue and nothing less haha

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Let me know if you want to sell your rims. :D

Sorry to hear about what happened. Did they give you a loner?

Regal33

Thanks for the replies. I'm on Fort Dix, I got the car in Hamilton. The dealer has been accommodating and I did get a loaner.

There is also a good chance I'm a shitty stick driver! I would hope though that the transmission would last a bit longer though.

Thanks

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the replies. I'm on Fort Dix, I got the car in Hamilton. The dealer has been accommodating and I did get a loaner.

There is also a good chance I'm a shitty stick driver! I would hope though that the transmission would last a bit longer though.

Thanks

Really? How bad can you be to ruin a factory clutch in 300+ miles. You know that pedal to the far left is to be used slowly and everytime you need to shift. :D

Good luck with the new clutch. Lets hope it was a factory defect.

Also those rims fail. You need some strong Detroits. :lol:

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Factory probably grabbed bolts from the wrong bin or something :lol:

butchered by autocorrecr