GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running DG springs on their R?

ongteckweng

I am running DG with Ohlins on my ride. The ride height is perfect for me..sightly lower than Euro spec R...it's so much better than H&R and Eibach.

Last edited:

crazyaRms

Ready to race!
I am running H&R Sports on my R. Perfect amount of low and stiffness for me for the time being. Eventually invest in some coils but this work great for now.

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
Don't you have to worry about blowing out the stock dampers if you just throw on lowering springs (even with just a slight drop)?

crazyaRms

Ready to race!
From what I have heard the Golf R dampers are okay with a slight lowering (don't quote me on that) but anything drastic ie H&R super sport or Neuspeed race springs with a 2+ inch drop I would probably steer clear of.
I am going on 30k with my springs on stock struts and they still feel as good as the day I installed them. If i notice any wear or decrease in ride comfort I will probably invest in a set of coils.

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
That's good to know and judging by your picture, it's a nice amount of drop while still not going too low. Are those 18" or 19" wheels in that pic?

hooligan74

Ready to race!
Don't you have to worry about blowing out the stock dampers if you just throw on lowering springs (even with just a slight drop)?
There are tons of GTI guys running DG and VWR springs on stock dampers without issue. Can't imagine the R dampers would fair any worse.

crazyaRms

Ready to race!
That's good to know and judging by your picture, it's a nice amount of drop while still not going too low. Are those 18" or 19" wheels in that pic?

Those are 18's. I really like the look I have right now. Clears driveways and handles great as well.