GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Tuning Oil Filter Housing Drain Plug

felixk

So i'm pretty upset about my recent install of the ECS Tuning Billet Aluminum Oil Filter housing...The housing went in just fine, but then when I started screwing in the housing drain plug (using a torque wrench set to 22 ft/lbs - as printed on the housing) the inside of the allen head screw stripped. ECS will do an exchange but they want me to send back before they will ship the replacement. I can't send it back cause it's in my daily driver car. And you can't just purchase the drain plug you need to purchase the entire housing that comes with the plug.

Any ideas where I can just buy a new drain plug for this housing?

Thanks!
Felix

ToucanLife

Ready to race!
I honestly do not understand the appeal of this product - what is wrong with the stock one, and why screw an aluminum part into a plastic part?

Thumbs down to ECS on that return issue too! Not sure about the plug though maybe a wrecker with a fsi car will have one

felixk

ECS is sending me a new drain plug no charge. Very nice of them. Thanks guys.

I didn't really get it because it's aluminum I just wanted it because it will make oil changes easier. I lost that damn oil filter housing drain tool, now i can drain the housing with a few twists of an allen wrench.

Felix

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
ECS is sending me a new drain plug no charge. Very nice of them. Thanks guys.

I didn't really get it because it's aluminum I just wanted it because it will make oil changes easier. I lost that damn oil filter housing drain tool, now i can drain the housing with a few twists of an allen wrench.

Felix

Felix,

Slight misunderstanding from what was discussed with customer service. My team thought the unit was stripped and not the plug. Glad all is well now - please let us know if you need anything else!

Andy