GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR non-test pipe file and emissions

shaikhasm

Passed Driver's Ed
So no one can clearly explain what does the APR "non-testpipe" file do?

It is what it doesn't do. Test pipe file disable the post cat sensor so the car doesn't turn on the CEL when you install a high flow cat or no cat at all. When you have the non-test pipe file the sensor works as it should.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
It is what it doesn't do. Test pipe file disable the post cat sensor so the car doesn't turn on the CEL when you install a high flow cat or no cat at all. When you have the non-test pipe file the sensor works as it should.

Which is why you need a spacer so when you switch it back to the stock tune the ECU is fooled by the air flowing through the spacer and not the high flow cat.

darkGTI

Ready to race!
Alright, I got that part. Now I don't understand why an I not seeing CEL on my dash, when I see incomplete or failed for o2 sensor and cat in the readiness screen on the VAGCOM?

shaikhasm

Passed Driver's Ed
Alright, I got that part. Now I don't understand why an I not seeing CEL on my dash, when I see incomplete or failed for o2 sensor and cat in the readiness screen on the VAGCOM?

the non test pipe file only runs the O2 sensor on stock tune. So that might be the reason you don't see a CEL as it keeps the sensor at not ready and make the ecu ignore that code. Even on a non test pipe file the sensor would be disabled in any mode besides the stock. Now once you put it in stock the sensor needs to go through a readiness cycle to become ready. Also, AWE DP is really efficient, add that to the spacer that comes with it I think it won't give you a CEL even on stock mode. also, your engine is CBFA so I am not really sure if you only need this to pass as I think you guys have an extra O2 sensor somewhere. There was thread with people discussing inspection and CBFA engines specifically. Search for it as it might have more relative information. I hope this answers your question.

darkGTI

Ready to race!
the non test pipe file only runs the O2 sensor on stock tune. So that might be the reason you don't see a CEL as it keeps the sensor at not ready and make the ecu ignore that code. Even on a non test pipe file the sensor would be disabled in any mode besides the stock. Now once you put it in stock the sensor needs to go through a readiness cycle to become ready. Also, AWE DP is really efficient, add that to the spacer that comes with it I think it won't give you a CEL even on stock mode. also, your engine is CBFA so I am not really sure if you only need this to pass as I think you guys have an extra O2 sensor somewhere. There was thread with people discussing inspection and CBFA engines specifically. Search for it as it might have more relative information. I hope this answers your question.
Yeah, that's what I was wondering about, why I have the o2 error. Alright, I'll switch to stock and see what happens.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
So I'm from MD . And I haven't determined what DP I want . And I really want catless. But based on how gay MD emissions are I'll have to go with a Cat . APR or AWE since I already have a AWE CBE . All I need is DP ..spacer..and the non test pipe file ?