GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 Golf TDI CW 4-Door

Golf_TDI1

Passed Driver's Ed
So I got my first VW a few months back and I couldn't be happier with it.

I recently got Malone Tuning's Stage 2 flash and it's amazing! Instant throttle response and the power difference is phenomenal. 1st with roast the tires off if you hammer it and 3rd through 5th pulls right up to redline. Best part when on the highway in 6th at 70 or even 80 the power is there to actually pass easier without the lag of the stock settings.

As for other mods, my plan is this:

-GTI Front Bumper Assembly with GTI Grill
-Paint the center grill piece to color match the car
-Color match side markers
-Black Bi-Xenon Headlamps
-R Rear Tail Lights
-Reiger Front Spoiler & Side Skirts
-18" VMR 701's either black, white or silver
-Black Mirror Covers (tossing around idea)
-Black Roof (tossing around idea)
-coil overs and or springs to drop about 1.5" (suggestions?)

Attached are some mockups using dubmodder... I overlaid black and white on some of the images to mimic wheel color.

Let me know your thoughts on the roof and mirror color as well as wheel choice/color

I also looked at the Barracuda Voltec T6 Wheels:

Black Pure Sports with white:

Black:

White:

Obviously the barracudas cost more and need to come from overseas but they look pretty cool. Not sure if the lip is too deep for my liking but they seem to look good.

Let me know your thoughts.

I currently have the complete front bumper assembly just need time to put it on this week as well as the Reiger front lip... Reiger side skirts are on the way as well. Looking to get the wheels ordered up as well so let me know what tire size I should get as well, I don't want the wheels to poke out past the rubber I want them to match the tire. 215/40/18?

Attachments

• black wheel roof mirror.jpg
    black wheel roof mirror.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 479
  • blk roof silver wheel.jpg
    blk roof silver wheel.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 294
  • white wheel blk mirror.jpg
    white wheel blk mirror.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 289

Golf_TDI1

Passed Driver's Ed
This is what I think I will go with... just black out the mirror covers and leave the roof white.

Still not sure on the wheels but I may even keep them silver although I think the black looks better.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-04 at 2.00.58 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-04 at 2.00.58 PM.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 276

Nicoo..

Ready to race!
my suggestion:
go with the black wheels in your first post.. they look awesome and i think they're worth the extra care you'll have to give them.. :)
and may i suggest black mirror covers + black vinyl roof wrap (or paint) + if you're gonna get the OEM bi xenons, get those with the black housing (not grey) that are an option on the R.
cheers..

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
Black wheels hide all the nice details in the wheels and everyone is getting them, just the reason why i don't dig black wheels anymore =S