GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The R... A Future Classic?

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Lol at the comments on the site. I don't see the r or previous r32 being a future classic....

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Lol at the comments on the site. I don't see the r or previous r32 being a future classic....

The past R32's with their crazyass VR6's will be prized by VW enthusiasts in the future, I can see that. But the current R I'm not so sure about...May depend on how well it takes to being modded.

shadow29

Ready to race!
Being the fact that I owned a 08 R32 I could def see that owners of them or previous owners thinking they're classics. But outside the VW community I dont really see them or the current R being considered classics. I know they all were or will be "limited production" units, but 5000 is still a pretty decent number of cars to be sold. Don't get me wrong I loved my R and also the current one, but still wasn't a car that stands out in my mind as a classic.

Adzy

Ready to race!
Future classic...... No.

Candy11

Ready to race!
can you say buying any new car is a good investment?!

Uberryan

Banned
The R32 with it's VR6 is considered just as much a classic outside the VW community as the G37, or 370Z is... which isn't much of a classic at all.

Sure, we VAG folk love that VR6, and the MKVI R32 is still widely sought after by VW enthusiasts, but unless you put in a lot of wrench work, you're not going to see much out of the 3.2. Now charge that beast, and suddenly it's a shitstorm.

stephen8512

Ready to race!
The Golf R is not a future classic. Why would it be? Its essentially a rebadged, cheaper Audi S3.

The MKIV R32 is probably a better car to be considered a "classic", but as focalpoint said, its only something coveted by the VW community...not so much from outsiders

AKs-R32

Ready to race!
Will never be a classic... the word everyone is looking for is cult car for the VW community. Thats it. Btw im speaking about the R32 not the R. like wow a 4 cyl turbo engine? like pretty much every other vw in existence. but a V6 in a golf? like whhhaaatt?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
classic to Vdub peeps? sure.

classic to anyone else? no, definitely not.