GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New GTI owner

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, my name is pie and I just bought my first VW. Very excite.

Meet Cirilla, my bone stock 2012 GTI.

I originally picked her up because I needed something a little better on gas than my truck, but that was still kind of fun to drive. However, I fully underestimated how much fun she was going to be and now my "commuter car" is going to get some upgrades.

I've been a car enthusiast for many years and the modification rabbit hole is something I've been down more than once. I was a regular at NED for a few years, before life and stuff got in the way. I've had NSRT-4's (2 of them, both did 11's, one was 11.5@125 the other was 11.1@131) and DSM's (still have one, also ran 11's, 11.6@118).

I would love to have some local-ish VW meets to get to know some of you and see what you've done with your cars! I saw a thread that said there was a weekly meet in Woburn, but it was dated a couple of years ago and I'm not sure if it's still a thing. Is it a thing? If not, can we plan something? Wrenching meets (I have a garage, but my tool supply has become limited due to things being ruined in my recent move....), BBQ's, cruises - I've been away from the car life for far too long and I really want to change that. With nice weather on the way, let's make it happen!

Also, I need to make a public apology to some guy in an MK6 GTI with an HKS BOV (if I recall correctly). About 1.5 years ago I was on my way to work in my Eclipse and getting on to RT9 eastbound in Westborough at 495... It was very early and I hadn't had any coffee yet and he gave me a BOV salute. I tried to give him a peace sign but my index finger got caught in my sweatshirt and I accidentally flipped him the bird. I tried to apologize but he wouldn't look at me (not that I could blame him). So, nice dude who tried to be nice, I AM SO SORRY I TRULY DIDN'T MEAN TO BE A JERK.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Welcome! Nice car and funny story, maybe he is on here. Our cars a DV not a BOV.

There is plenty of useful info on this forum. Search is your friend. Enjoy the car and post some progress!

ahard48

Ready to race!
That is funny haha. Typical "trying to be a cool car guy but awkwardness is life" kind of deal. But man even stock these cars look nice, Welcome to the fam!

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome! Nice car and funny story, maybe he is on here. Our cars a DV not a BOV.

There is plenty of useful info on this forum. Search is your friend. Enjoy the car and post some progress!

Thanks! I've been going through the 39 page technical understanding intake thread for the last hour or so. I love forums for the simple fact of the amount of knowledge that's stored within them.

That is funny haha. Typical "trying to be a cool car guy but awkwardness is life" kind of deal. But man even stock these cars look nice, Welcome to the fam!

Thanks! Yeah, awkward is pretty much my middle name. C'est la vie. I definitely have gotten a LOT of looks driving her around the last week, she's pretty girl and I think that she knows it. :laugh:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Welcome.

Ive never been but i know the woburn car meet is still ongoing. I'd love a wrenching meet but i dont have much by way of tools.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome.

Ive never been but i know the woburn car meet is still ongoing. I'd love a wrenching meet but i dont have much by way of tools.

Thanks! My brother just bought a house in Woburn, so this is doubly-awesome that it's still going. I'll have to make it next week.

I'm sure we could put together enough tools to get whatever needs done, done. Having been out of the game for so long my tools needed an update anyway so I'll be working on my collection as I continue to research and plan the first stage in Cirilla's modification :) What do you need/want to do?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thanks! My brother just bought a house in Woburn, so this is doubly-awesome that it's still going. I'll have to make it next week.

I'm sure we could put together enough tools to get whatever needs done, done. Having been out of the game for so long my tools needed an update anyway so I'll be working on my collection as I continue to research and plan the first stage in Cirilla's modification :) What do you need/want to do?

the big pain in the butt one will be the install of the Unibrace XB, which involved drilling into the frame of the interior of the car.

Otherwise i have a few things i just need to drive somewhere to jack up my car ot install the aluminum skid plate and unibrace UB I have sitting in my storage room. I'm debating doing my oil catch can install in the parking garage at work, but am nervous about it since ill be far from home if something goes awry.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
the big pain in the butt one will be the install of the Unibrace XB, which involved drilling into the frame of the interior of the car.

Otherwise i have a few things i just need to drive somewhere to jack up my car ot install the aluminum skid plate and unibrace UB I have sitting in my storage room. I'm debating doing my oil catch can install in the parking garage at work, but am nervous about it since ill be far from home if something goes awry.

First on my list is a new jack and jack stands. My old jack/stands have seen a LOT of miles... and I mean a loooooooot. May as well get something nice for Ciri, I think she'll appreciate it. I don't know that my garage/driveway would be much closer than your work but I will offer the space anyway. I learn best by seeing things done and then doing them myself, so I would love to host/help anything that you might need to do.