GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering IE Intake (good but not great review)

ksandman

Ready to race!
What’s up guys, after doing some research and looking into the company and also from seeing reviews from other people about the IE intake, I pulled the trigger and bought it.

Product arrived nice and neat and what was about to be a very satisfied customer turned into a very disappointed one!!

My intake heat shield showed up bent where it mounts in the tabs that the stock air box mounted in.

What a bummer that was. But no big deal. Things happen during shipping and I figured it just got damaged somehow while in transit to my house.

I emailed IE about the issue. Here is a screen shot of the email:

IMG_2584.JPG

I have not gotten a response from IE since I have emailed them and today I look on their Instagram to see them throwing the packages into the back of the truck that was picking up the shipments (what on earth lmao!)

IMG_2578.JPG

I made a comment on their post about how my intake actually got damaged and that them throwing stuff like that probably had something to do with it.

They soon deleted the post after I made that comment and i have not got an email back from them about my damaged product and it has been about a week now. I know they’ve been working because they’ve been updating social media. (But you can’t check your email?)

While a bent mounting tab is no big deal, I bent it back and it fits. Whatever. I’m still pretty disappointed in there customer service or should I say lack of? I payed good money for a product which should have not arrived damaged.

I had really high expectations of this company and I know I sound petty as fuck making this post, but it should be know in the community how this business treats a paying customer, and a customer who wanted to buy their intercooler and k04 turbo kit (not so sure about that now, and I’m pretty fucking bummed about that cause those were next on my list from these guys.)

I expect more from this company. I could of at least got an email in return stating they messed up and would send me a new shield or just reimburse me for the cost of the shield, but I got no response.

So if an IE employees see this, forward this to the boss because my email must have not gone through, but my instagram comment surely made you rethink putting up a video of y’all throwing your packages into the truck!!

Thank IE, you’re intake is doing as I expected. It’s a good product. I think you need to maybe reevaluate how you handle a situation like this though, because now you have me looking like an asshole coming on to a forum complaining when this could have been resolved very easily.

I hope no one else receives damaged goods from their Black Friday and cyber Monday sales!!

Good luck and peace!

-K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Are those really flying packages at the back?

ksandman

Ready to race!
Are those really flying packages at the back?

Yes they are. I could only get screen shots of the video they posted but you can kind of put them together by looking at these three. You can see that box box leave his hands and land in the back.

IMG_2578.JPG

IMG_2580.JPG

IMG_2581.JPG

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
I can attest to this. I saw this on their IG Story earlier today. It stated out with 1-4 vids of pallets and boxes..and the fifth video was them tossing boxes into a UPS Truck.

Granted the items were packaged and not being thrown balls to the wall but why risk a customers item being damaged before they even receive it. Especially if there’s videos from your own business ig profile showing your workers toss boxes..lol just silly.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
You kept saying email this, email that, blah blah blah

So what'd they say when you CALLED them?

That's the first thing I would've done when I noticed it...you would've had an immediate answer.

Although I'm not sure how you didn't notice it until you were "finishing" the install.
Regardless, I'd be demanding a replacement.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
You could've also approached it a little differently. You instantly demand a new intake shield or a full reimbursement for the shield when in reality its a bent tab. You didn't even ask how the situation could be approached. Then you go on their social media and speculating that they damaged your shield.

ksandman

Ready to race!
I wasn’t demanding of a new shield, I asked politely. I didn’t really care because I bent the tab back and the intake is in my car and doing its job, but after seeing how they just throw their packages into the truck, I figured I should let other people know that if their stuff comes and is damaged, maybe it happened before it left their business complex lol

gdub09

Ready to race!
Yeah normally people call right away when they open a package and find it damaged. I wouldn't of told them you want a new shield or reimbursement, I would of just let them know you received it damaged. A bent tab isn't a big deal but it is annoying I understand. I would of just approached it a different way over something so small.

Jaber

Modero
Former FedEx package handler and Quality Assurance here. Humans throwing packages into the truck(s) is nothing compared to how the machines handle it and how they handle the rough ride in the truck during transport. If your package is truly abused, the box will show it (which in most cases, we'll put it in a fresh box if it's really beat to shit). If the box looks fine, then your contents inside the box are most likely fine. Unless it's glass or something very brittle. Even then, if it's packaged correctly, shouldn't be a big deal. I still have nightmares of the day after Thanksgiving, that's when hell started and didn't end until after NYE.

To me, that looks like someone was slacking on QC and let it slip down the assembly line.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
With it being Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I would give them a call or send a follow up email.

You can IM Barrett Buckalew on FB. He is a rep for IE customer service and he has helped out our Group members.

FriggenT1

Banned
With it being Black Friday and Cyber Monday, I would give them a call or send a follow up email.

You can IM Barrett Buckalew on FB. He is a rep for IE customer service and he has helped out our Group members.

It's good if they are willing to help, but if someone was throwing my shit a round like that, I'd tell them to keep it. Too many intakes out there that do the same damn thing to have your stuff tossed around after paying 300.00.

I'd ditch it and get the largest filter and put it right off the maf.... 100.00 max and done.

ksandman

Ready to race!
It was not the biggest deal because I bent the tab back and the intake is in my car. That’s why I had no need to call.

IE did reach out though and they offered to send a replacement shield.

I was mainly triggered by their lack of care by tossing packages, not the fact my mount was bent. I expect that from a fedex or ups employee, not an employee of a company who is selling expensive car parts.

It is what it is.

Jaber

Modero
#AllBoxesMatter

Sounds like IE took care of you and there wasn't really a need for this post (my opinion). Hopefully in the future videos of boxes being tossed are rated M for mature audiences.

ksandman

Ready to race!
#AllBoxesMatter

Sounds like IE took care of you and there wasn't really a need for this post (my opinion). Hopefully in the future videos of boxes being tossed are rated M for mature audiences.

Yes please make all videos of boxes being tossed rated M cause you know I’ll be getting salty lmao