GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*.* Scirocco R Build! (Fun, Tough & Cost) *.*

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Oil Pressure 60PSI on idle in the morning when the car is just started;

Oil Pressure 20PSI on idle after driving the car -normal driving- for 45mins;

Any ideas?

Did you just build your engine? My engine, with 113k miles on it idled at 18-19 psi hot and 50 psi cruising. Remember anything below ~2500 rpm is controlled by the natural pump pressure. The electronic valve doesn’t do anything till above that rpm from what I remember.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Did you just build your engine? My engine, with 113k miles on it idled at 18-19 psi hot and 50 psi cruising. Remember anything below ~2500 rpm is controlled by the natural pump pressure. The electronic valve doesn’t do anything till above that rpm from what I remember.

My engine just built from 2000-3000kilos almost.
Based on the document that I shared above, supposed to read the pressure @ 2000RPM with 80C and that what I did.
I don’t know about the above 2500RPM numbers.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
My engine just built from 2000-3000kilos almost.
Based on the document that I shared above, supposed to read the pressure @ 2000RPM with 80C and that what I did.
I don’t know about the above 2500RPM numbers.

What we’re the ring gap specs? Might just be a little tight since it’s breaking in.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Oil Temp doesn't appear with Med9 ECU SW 1K0907115R 0020

I have a question regarding the OEM Oil Temp...

I am using a Med9 ECU with the below details;
- ECU Hardware Number: 1K0907115A
- ECU Software Number: 1K0907115R 0020

The Oil Temperature doesn’t appear in the instrument/cluster, if I flashed the Med9 ECU by 1K0907115Q 0020 SW then the Oil Temperature appears in instrument/cluster.
I tried using the PolarFIS to see if it will work on it or not and I found the Oil Temperature appears with -60 with 1K0907115R 0020; then I flashed the same Med9 ECU with 1K0907115Q 0020 SW and I found the Oil Temperature appears and work normally in the instrument/cluster and in the PolarFIS too!
That means the wiring of the Oil temperature sensor is installed correctly and there is no problem with it.

Also, I tried all the above with ECU Hardware Number: 8P0907115B and same issue and results existed with it too!

Note: The Oil Temperature sensor is the VW OEM one not an aftermarket one.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
I have a question regarding the OEM Oil Temp...

I am using a Med9 ECU with the below details;
-ECU Hardware Number: 1K0907115A
-ECU Software Number: 1K0907115R 0020

The Oil Temperature doesn’t appear in the instrument/cluster, if I flashed the Med9 ECU by 1K0907115Q 0020 SW then the Oil Temperature appears in instrument/cluster.
I tried using the PolarFIS to see if it will work on it or not and I found the Oil Temperature appears with -60 with 1K0907115R 0020; then I flashed the same Med9 ECU with 1K0907115Q 0020 SW and I found the Oil Temperature appears and work normally in the instrument/cluster and in the PolarFIS too!
That means the wiring of the Oil temperature sensor is installed correctly and there is no problem with it.

Also, I tried all the above with ECU Hardware Number: 8P0907115B and same issue and results existed with it too!

Note: The Oil Temperature sensor is the VW OEM one not an aftermarket one.

Maybe the default coding is a little different between the two software versions? That’s the only thing I can think of. I think there’s some settings in Vagcom you can tweak to enable it.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Maybe the default coding is a little different between the two software versions? That’s the only thing I can think of. I think there’s some settings in Vagcom you can tweak to enable it.

Yeah, sure there is difference between the 2 SWs.
I hope if anyone know this kind of Vagcom tweaks and share it.
I am using the 1K0907115R 0020 SW because the tune file I have is for it and I can’t change to the other one for the time being.

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, sure there is difference between the 2 SWs.
I hope if anyone know this kind of Vagcom tweaks and share it.
I am using the 1K0907115R 0020 SW because the tune file I have is for it and I can’t change to the other one for the time being.

I know it’s possible, I just don’t remember what exactly to change. It’s not extremely documented and the people that know kinda keep it a secret. I wonder if when flashing the ECU if it’s also flashing your cluster, because I wouldn’t be surprised if coding needs to be done on the instruments module as well.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
I know it’s possible, I just don’t remember what exactly to change. It’s not extremely documented and the people that know kinda keep it a secret. I wonder if when flashing the ECU if it’s also flashing your cluster, because I wouldn’t be surprised if coding needs to be done on the instruments module as well.

Flashing ECU doesn’t touch the cluster, I even tried with 2 identical ECUs one with Q and one with R.
If it’s in cluster then why the Oil Temp appears in the cluster with Q and not with R [emoji848]
Even if it in cluster then I hope to know it then I can try

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
Flashing ECU doesn’t touch the cluster, I even tried with 2 identical ECUs one with Q and one with R.
If it’s in cluster then why the Oil Temp appears in the cluster with Q and not with R [emoji848]
Even if it in cluster then I hope to know it then I can try

Man that’s weird, I wondering if the cluster is getting a bad value from the ECU and that’s how it’s detecting whether to enable it. I’d recommend to find the measuring block for oil temp, because if that’s not within range (the -60), then definitely a problem on the ECU. I wonder if it’s possible VW deleted that sensor reading from that ECU software though, because from what I’ve researched so far, there isn’t any obvious coding. I’d unplug the sensor, and see if the reading changes in the measuring block. If it doesn’t, I doubt the ECU software is even reading the sensor data.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Man that’s weird, I wondering if the cluster is getting a bad value from the ECU and that’s how it’s detecting whether to enable it. I’d recommend to find the measuring block for oil temp, because if that’s not within range (the -60), then definitely a problem on the ECU. I wonder if it’s possible VW deleted that sensor reading from that ECU software though, because from what I’ve researched so far, there isn’t any obvious coding. I’d unplug the sensor, and see if the reading changes in the measuring block. If it doesn’t, I doubt the ECU software is even reading the sensor data.

I guess VW deleted the sensor reading from that SW version.
Btw, I removed the sensor and the -60 was the same; the negative value means that there is no data coming to it!
I already tried all of this in another cars, just in case the problem is in mine and all cars I tested were giving same issue I have!!
That’s why I am asking if there is code that return back the data to the ECU and n this case it will go for the cluster

tjasko

Go Kart Champion
I guess VW deleted the sensor reading from that SW version.
Btw, I removed the sensor and the -60 was the same; the negative value means that there is no data coming to it!
I already tried all of this in another cars, just in case the problem is in mine and all cars I tested were giving same issue I have!!
That’s why I am asking if there is code that return back the data to the ECU and n this case it will go for the cluster

If the value doesn’t change at all making it go from closed circuit to open circuit, yea ECU isn’t reading the sensor. I wonder if that software was for North America/NA and not Rest of World/RoW, because if it’s NA software, VW has no reason to keep the logic in place because those sensors don’t come from the factory. You sure the regulatory region is the same (you can code the region)? Of course this is all speculation...

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
If the value doesn’t change at all making it go from closed circuit to open circuit, yea ECU isn’t reading the sensor. I wonder if that software was for North America/NA and not Rest of World/RoW, because if it’s NA software, VW has no reason to keep the logic in place because those sensors don’t come from the factory. You sure the regulatory region is the same (you can code the region)? Of course this is all speculation...

Do you know what I should code? ECU? Cluster?
And how I can code?