GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to Modify your GTI? Start Here

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Im gonna do between a 1-2" drop depending on what I can get away with but I saw that these have a 35 mm offset and stock is 45mm so that's why I say 10mm spacers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you added 10mm spacers to an et35, your final offset would be et25.

Et35 with a 2" drop will probably need rolled front fenders. At least with a 225/40 tire. Maybe not with a 215/40.

Grapetastic

Ok I'm really new to everything and might get roasted for some of my first questions on here buuuuuut does stage one require the 93 octane or higher?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Chrisface

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok I'm really new to everything and might get roasted for some of my first questions on here buuuuuut does stage one require the 93 octane or higher?

91 would be the minimum

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Thank you! Does running higher octane just help with the power then?

They have tunes for specific octanes. 93 tune will make more power than 91 tune

Sent from phone Tapa

93 octane will help prevent detonation and knock. Depending on what tune company you go with some say a 91 octane and some say 93 required. Just check.

If you have 93 available just buy it.

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
They have tunes for specific octanes. 93 tune will make more power than 91 tune

^This. But this is the case because assuming 93 octane fuel allows for more aggressive tune settings.

Running 93 oct on a 91 oct tune should not yield tangible more power, i.e. it is all about minimum rating: once met, the engine is happy. Go over it, it doesn't go much happier...but go under it...:thumbdown:

GTiMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
Have had my BLK/BLK 2011 GTi MK6 for 7 years now, and starting to get the itch for a new car. I love it though, so I figured if I make some mods to it, it will feel like a new car. Currently I just have the stage 1 ecu flash by APR. I was planning on doing the following:
1. APR Intake (not stage 2)
2. Torn btwn spacers or wheels. Feel like spacers do more damage than good, but open to opinions on this. If I go with wheels, I will get the VMR 710s in Titanium/Black finish. It’s a limited edition finish for $1000, but worth the extra $100 for the look I want.
3. Was thinking of Exhaust Tips because I didn’t want a loud exhaust, but I am now w considering going with the full CBE after hearing a few that add a nice deep tone without the loudness or farting sounds that I’m trying to avoid. Magnaflow has a great overall package, and I like the look of the exhaust, but I heard it rusts very easily. Also considering Borla, AWE, and 42DD (But with 4 inch tips).
4. Tints all around (nothing crazy, but just darker than stock).

That’s about it. Lately I’ve noticed a little disconnect btwn the steering whheel and the tires (loose steering). Maybe it’s because of the Bridgestones that replaced the AS Dunlop’s suck (i have the tire wheel Package, so they replaced tires with whatever manufacturer had as replacement), but it may also be the fact that the car has 57k miles and may be loosening up a bit. I don’t want to sacrifice my ride comfort, as it’s not the best as it is now, and I’m planning on buying Conti DWS 06 tires, so I was wondering if I can resolve this with the Tyrolsport Collar Kit, or if I had to do a few more mods. And if so, what would you recommend doing to get a better steering feel without losing ride comfort?

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

sbay_GTI

Thanks for the write up. Exactly what I was looking for, lots of options and I'm sure there is feedback from users with positive and negative experience.

ImStuu

I'm just starting to get into modifying my mk6 gti and had a question for an answer that I cannot find anywhere. I'm currently looking at getting a catback exhaust and then later down the line getting a downpipe if I go with a State 2. My question is this, if I get a 3" exhaust, will that fit my stock downpipe or will I need to also get a 3" downpipe in order to use a 3" exhaust?

flakomk6

Ready to race!
I'm just starting to get into modifying my mk6 gti and had a question for an answer that I cannot find anywhere. I'm currently looking at getting a catback exhaust and then later down the line getting a downpipe if I go with a State 2. My question is this, if I get a 3" exhaust, will that fit my stock downpipe or will I need to also get a 3" downpipe in order to use a 3" exhaust?

I think your exhaust might come with an adapter so it can fit your stock DP.