GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GoodTimesIndeed Build Thread...

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Just picked up a used PTP K04 Turbo Blanket.

I know this is going to be an absolute b!tch to put on the car but I think the benefits are going to be worth it. Hopefully it will be a little easier once I have the downpipe off the car.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Also picked up another coolingmist boost trigger.

This will allow me to run my meth setup in 2 stages. Stage 1 will only activate the TB pipe jet and Stage 2 will activate the direct port jets and TB jet. Running this way should be a little more effective since direct port will only spray when near full boost. This should help conserve some mix too.

I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking all this shit LOL. Just figure since I'm going all out on the exhaust I might have to dial back my plans to redo the meth system. Not to mention still need to get my side skirts painted and want to have some PDR done as well.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion

Hmmmm, could be a reliable way to finally run the 100oct file.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Little update:

The PTP turbo blanket is in. Even though it was used this thing looks like its still brand new. Definitely looks and feels like a quality piece.

Ordered some PTP lava exhaust wrap and stainless ties. Planning on wrapping the new dp the same way my current one is.

The Coolingmist boost trigger is also in. Went out and purchased new "T" and "F" vacuum line taps so that I have some mounting/installation options. Just need some time to trace a few wires and get the install done.

Will also soon be purchasing a new downpipe installation kit and maybe even a new PCV. I get this weird sort of whistle when on throttle. Most noticeable on light throttle. I even notice a little oil on occasion around my oil fill cap and right below that at the gasket area. Even though I have a catch can it makes me think maybe the PCV isn't working as intended.

All this in prep for the upcoming turboback purchase (hopefully LOL). Still leaning towards the Eurojet w/o cat because of price and features but it seems the more reviews and videos I watch the more indecisive I get.

Last edited:

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Got a chance to install the new boost trigger.

2017-03-05_02-46-37 by Justin N, on Flickr

Looks a tad ghetto but seems to work as intended so far. I had an unused yellow LED from my safeinjection system that I ended up wiring into this as well. Now the system will spray only the 1 TB pipe jet up until a certain PSI then switch to all 5 jets (at or near peak boost). The yellow LED that I tied into the system will let me know when the direct port jets are spraying.

The PTP lava exhaust wrap and ss ties are in. No surprise it seems to be a nice quality product.

Unfortunately I received notice from Moddedeuros that the catless Eurojet turbo back system is on backorder with no eta as to when it will be back in stock. So I either have to see about purchasing it elsewhere or buy the catted version with hopes that I can also find the test pipe at a good price separately. When you pull up the cat and test pipe on other websites it says to contact for availability.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Polar FIS is really useful for me, I love data.

Totally agree, love it! And thanks to your awesome review I have mine setup very similar to yours.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Since RockAuto was having a Wholesaler Closeout Parts sale I picked up a new Denso cabin air filter for $3.66. Not bad considering that I've never replaced mine and only cleaned it once.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Finally pulled the trigger on the Eurojet turboback exhaust (non-catted). Its so hard to get a true feel for the sound listening via the internet. Hopefully I won't regret this.

Also ordered new installation kit w/hanger.

These along with the PTP Turbo blanket and PTP Lava wrap for the downpipe should hopefully make for a nice setup.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Good lord awesome updates here. I've had a Eurojet tbe for about 3 years and still love it.

Glad to hear that you're still happy with your exhaust!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
When you get this installed I'd love to hear how it sounds

For sure! If you're still interested in my RAI downpipe let me know. Will hopefully have it ready to go within the next few weeks.

Also dates have been announced for the Loch Raven Reservoir Meets, first one is April 23rd.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
For sure! If you're still interested in my RAI downpipe let me know. Will hopefully have it ready to go within the next few weeks.

Also dates have been announced for the Loch Raven Reservoir Meets, first one is April 23rd.

I am still interested, give me a shout whenever you're ready to get rid of it.

Thanks for the update on the Loch Raven meets. I'm planning on attending the one in April.