GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 vs Infinity Q??

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
Got up to the drag strip. Did awful. Couldn't get into the gears for some reason, and was too throttle happy in 1st and 2nd. No cars near my class to race, only went up against some camaro's and other old muscle cars. Lost every single time haha.

Best was (unfortunately)
2.476 60 ft
9.302 594 ft
9.873 1/8 mile
78.80 mph
14.867 1/4 mile
87.17 mph

You trapped 87.17 in the quarter mile!?!?

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
You trapped 87.17 in the quarter mile!?!?

And somehow that was my fastest time. My other traps were around 98-100 mph but were 15.xx second runs.

I've never dragged a fwd car before just rwd and awd. Everything I've done with fwd has been a roll race.

But it's slow and I know I need some serious practice.

WeekendWarriorz

Ready to race!
And somehow that was my fastest time. My other traps were around 98-100 mph but were 15.xx second runs.

I've never dragged a fwd car before just rwd and awd. Everything I've done with fwd has been a roll race.

But it's slow and I know I need some serious practice.

I think you need new tires ASAP and to practice your launch. Also lower the psi in the front. I'd expect a car with your mods to run around 13.5-14.0 and trap around 104-106mph

gtimk6spd

Ready to race!
I think you need new tires ASAP and to practice your launch. Also lower the psi in the front. I'd expect a car with your mods to run around 13.5-14.0 and trap around 104-106mph

Sad thing is I have some Pilot SS with less than 5k miles on them. It's definitely my launch and then some issues shifting. Never felt so bad at driving my car haha.

Next time hopefully I have more than 30 minutes to run. The dragstrip I went to closed early due to rain and lack of attendance.

I'll shoot for high 13s next time. I'll work on my launch and throttle control in the first two gears.