GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cost for coilovers installation

tsgtimkv1

Looking to get my coilovers installed. How much did you guys pay? Which shop did you go to? Any recommendations for around Boston area?

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
In central NJ, best price I got was 450$ installed including alignment at a dealership. The famous independent shops in the area all wanted 750+, not including alignment.

TALON AE

Ready to race!
SpeedLife Motorsports up in Haverhill used to list rates for common installs. I don't see it on their site anymore but if memory serves I think the had coilover installs listed at just south of $300. I don't think that included an alignment, but they work with another shop across town that specializes in vw alignment.

Give em a call...they're a great bunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsgtimkv1

Thanks for the input guys. I would DIY it if I have the tools and a place to do it. SpeedLife sounds pretty good, I might give them a call later.

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
Good people over at Speedlife and they will take care of you. If you ever need assistance from us, we are here to help.

Thanks,

Greg

SyDiko

Ready to race!
You'll also want an alignment soon after the install too, unless you want to shred up your tires. Typically shops charge $300 for install and $70 for an alignment if they have the machine in house. I'm South of Boston, so I had my coilovers installed at BanchWerks (Providence) and went to the Sears at the Emerald Square Mall (Attleboro) for the alignment. Worked out great. :)

shock3r

I got mine done at Northeast Autobah in Walpole, MA for $350, including the alignment. They also gave me the best deal on my ST's as well. (I forget who they price matched)

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I got mine done at Northeast Autobah in Walpole, MA for $350, including the alignment. They also gave me the best deal on my ST's as well. (I forget who they price matched)

Heard great things about this shop! Funny thing is that I used to take my beater Civic to my buddy's shop right in the same spot they are in and completely missed it until recently.

Does anyone have any experience with eastside motoring in Waltham before?

Think I've seen their name pop up a few times here in the NE forums, but they aren't on the favorite's list.

Last edited:

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the input guys. I would DIY it if I have the tools and a place to do it. SpeedLife sounds pretty good, I might give them a call later.

I'm not sure what exactly is required, but I've got the space if you still need it done. I've still got to learn my way around the VW, but if no specialty tools are required I might just have everything needed.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I'm not sure what exactly is required, but I've got the space if you still need it done. I've still got to learn my way around the VW, but if no specialty tools are required I might just have everything needed.

seems like the only thing most people have to get is different lengths and sizes of triple star bits. This vehicle is chock full of em

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
seems like the only thing most people have to get is different lengths and sizes of triple star bits. This vehicle is chock full of em

I did notice that in the wheel lugs, I wondered how deep that ran. I'll pick some up for sure. Thanks!