GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Make bumper flush again...

Gowing

I'm sure this is somewhere in this forum, but is there a detailed guide on what I need to do to get my bumper flush again?

I removed it to bang out a dent and now it's no longer flush.

Thanks!!

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure this is somewhere in this forum, but is there a detailed guide on what I need to do to get my bumper flush again?

Thanks!!

Can't see ur pics on Tapatalk. I'm curious about this as well. I'll add my pics. I had a shop remove my bumper for a new radiator support and intercooler install.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

ahard48

Ready to race!
Dont know if this would be a factor, but have you guys done the "fender screw mod". I took my screw out and noticed a little "flare" out on the bumper from quarter panel. Just zip tied it and it sits even again.

clownish

just clowning around
Bumper brackets.

If you're sloppy taking the front bumper cover off the bumper brackets get all stretched or broken and nothing will sit flat. The only solution really is to replace them or use aftermarket bumper clips which is more of a track car solution.

Also if you run tires too large they'll knock the bumper cover edges out and they'll never sit right. Ask me how I know [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Sadly it's the bumper clips and they are attached to the bumper itself. I have this same issue and have been avoiding a fix due to needing a whole new front bumper. Wish it was easier.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion

Thanks!!

I've removed mine several times both in hot and cold conditions. It is very important that you push up on the bumper cover while screwing in the top screw in the wheel well that will located the bumper cover. Worst case to will have to loosen the three screws in the this part (see pic), reposition and tighten the screws.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 249