GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Release: Unitronic Golf R Cold Air Intake System

Sales@Unitronic

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Unitronic is pleased to present its all NEW Cold Air Intake System for the 2012-2013 Golf R equipped with the 2.0 TFSI engine. Utilizing an extensive background in engineering the finest in Performance Software, Unitronic has developed a complete intake system that maximizes performance, while maintaining precise MAF scaling. Unitronic’s Cold Air Intake System is a complete replacement of your stock intake, providing increased airflow to your turbocharger and improved throttle response, while also decreasing air intake temperatures and turbo lag.

Unitronic Golf R 2.0 TFSI Cold Air Intake Systems are now in stock, ready to ship! Contact your local Authorized Unitronic Dealer to get yours now!

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
This appears beefier than the TSI intake. Is it larger in diameter?

Same diameter as our TSI intake, aside from the integrated machined MAF housing portion. It is a 3" tube with a fully integrated machined MAF housing to ensure precisely matched MAF scaling.

KAW96

Passed Driver's Ed
i wanttt

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
John, can you post additional pictures of the mounting brackets? I had a similar heatshield on my GTI and had issues with the heat shield cracking at the mounting position. Just curious on the material used and durability.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
John, can you post additional pictures of the mounting brackets? I had a similar heatshield on my GTI and had issues with the heat shield cracking at the mounting position. Just curious on the material used and durability.

Sure, no problem Ken. Unfortunately I don't have any already available to post, but I'll get some going ASAP. Congrats on the new Golf R, by the way.

changchewsoon

Passed Driver's Ed
I posted in a different thread earlier only to realize actually this thread exists.

I received my cold air intake system from Unitronic last week and only managed to get it installed by my tuner couple days ago.

I reset the fuel trims via Vagcom by performing a code clearing, and then I drove the car for about 200 kilometers and decided to strap it on the dyno today for a pull.

The car setup is exactly same like my previous, only with the stock intake replaced with the Unitronic intake.

Apologize as I do not have the Winpep run files, hence I asked my tuner to send me the dyno graph and I just realized he did not include the torque in the dyno chart. He apologized and said he was busy and was rushing. I will ask him to update the graph and send it to me when he has time later.

Luckily he did send me the Vagcom log files, and I managed to plot out the chart to show the differences in the boost curve. With the Unitronic intake, the car was able to hold boost for much longer compared to the stock intake.

Previously the car was making 297 WHP with the stock intake. With the Unitronic intake, the car made 312 WHP.

There is a increase of 27 WHP near the redline compared to the stock intake, which I find it amazing for just a replacement of the intake.

I know it is a very subjective thing when it comes to the intake sound, but in my opinion the Unitronic intake is absolutely wonderful. It is not too loud, and hearing air being released by the diverter valve for the first time is really delightful.

The build quality of the intake is top notch, everything fits perfectly and the engine bay now looks so much more nicer with the intake installed.

Here are the photos of the intake to go along with the dyno chart.

Also, based on the screenshot captured by Vagcom sent to me by my tuner, the fuel trims are perfect as well.

I am very happy with the Unitronic products that I've currently purchased so far.

Dyno chart, I apologize on behalf of my tuner for not including the torque reading.

Looks like the fuel trims are healthy

Comparing the log files, the boost comes earlier, hits harder & maintains longer as well

The engine bay looks sexier with the intake

Some photos of the intake, build quality is excellent I must say