GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hurdy's R thread

ptfern

Ready to race!
This is the sickest Mk6 Golf R thread I've seen!!! Much props to you Hurdy. Any chance you're moving up to the new Golf R? That new engine seems like it'll have some amazing potential, even more than the current R.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
This is the sickest Mk6 Golf R thread I've seen!!! Much props to you Hurdy. Any chance you're moving up to the new Golf R? That new engine seems like it'll have some amazing potential, even more than the current R.

Cheers.

I will be waiting a short while until the initial problems are tweaked out of the platform.

My tuner already has an R MKVII engine at the fabricators, so there should be some interesting developments in the near future. Tuning for it is still in it's infancy too and again another reason for waiting a while.

My R still has lots to give, so I'm enjoying it. Currently the UK's quickest and fastest Golf R MKVI and recently wiped up trophies for the 1/4 mile at our largest show of the year. Even an R8 V8 turbo was slower down the strip than me on the same day, so as you can see I'm still quite happy. :cool:

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
your car looks like it's staring a hole in the screen telling the dyno, "you know how much power i make, don't short-change me!"

bebersol

Ready to race!
how much weight saving do you think you've benefited from the carbon bits and peices?

CF looks great with CS paint, now I'm tninking about it for mine.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
I know this is an old, like me, thread...and John Hurdy has probably answered this for me before; but I swear I had seen somewhere some had tested how much HP can be made using the stock air-box and performance filter with the EA113 engine. Anyone seen this discussed or know first hand? Not really seeking guesses, I just respond to some asking this question with "I believe I recall some saying near 400 BHP, but not actually able to get to 400." I would like to have my memory refreshed...thank you.