GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR springs ride like ass!

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Never expected lowering springs to ride so harsh.. every bump even at low speeds sounds like I hit the struts limit on travel, feels horrible. Maybe the shop installed the wrong? Is that possible?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Even when mine were breaking in they still felt no harsher than stock. How many miles do you have? Are still on OEM struts? Did you replace end links?
Didn't replace anything, 48K miles on the car and maybe 60 miles on the springs so far. When I hit a bump I get a thunk from the drivers side, might have to check it out after the weekend.

joeyfrost

Ready to race!
Never expected lowering springs to ride so harsh.. every bump even at low speeds sounds like I hit the struts limit on travel, feels horrible. Maybe the shop installed the wrong? Is that possible?

Im on vwr spings and strut setup and its just too damn good. Make sure its been installed properly and it is possible for the rears not to be seated correctly as far as the fronts its pretty straight forward

Mk6 Golf R | APR Stage 2+

Jaber

Modero
Didn't replace anything, 48K miles on the car and maybe 60 miles on the springs so far. When I hit a bump I get a thunk from the drivers side, might have to check it out after the weekend.

Check both ends of the endlink on that side.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

Yeah dude... shoulda replaced end links, strut mounts and bearings. Sucks but your gonna have do that...

Edit: Start with end links because that's super easy and if it fixes you may get away with putting off the mounts and bearing

Jaber

Modero
Yeah dude... shoulda replaced end links, strut mounts and bearings. Sucks but your gonna have do that...

^ I would of for sure done strut mounts and bearings. Along with new hardware to replace the stretch bolts.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
The mounts and hardware are cheap, and you have to take it all apart anyway. There's no reason not to replace it all.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Driver side strut is locked up, most likely my issues lol. But I will invest in a refresher kit as well. Thanks for all the help!