GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

tte420 supporting hardware

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
So, finally had a little extra coin to pick up a tte420 (yes i wanted the 480 but fml). I tried contacting United Motorsport about what supporting hardware I need, but that was met with no response.
I see a lot of guys recommending rs4 fprv and injectors but a lot of guys on the other side of the pond are going with rs3 and 165 bar fprv. Anyone have any insight on this? Im getting the cold shoulder from my local UM tuner as well. The plan is to run flex fuel with this setup.

Don®

Ready to race!
Contact Unitronic and get a BT file. If you want to max out the turbo then opt for their fueling kit; it'll support 450hp.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
Contact Unitronic and get a BT file. If you want to max out the turbo then opt for their fueling kit; it'll support 450hp.

i feel like unitronic would be taking a step back. If I went with a different company it would be eurodyne and then the tuner of my choice.

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
Yeah in the past Ive had great experiences there. I'll try them again. I'm on deployment so email is my only form of contact

I emailed him a few days ago but go no response. Did he respond at all to you? maybe something is up with his email. I message them on Instagram as well but they reply quickly on that platform. hmm

Don®

Ready to race!
i feel like unitronic would be taking a step back. If I went with a different company it would be eurodyne and then the tuner of my choice.

That'll work. I'll be installing my TTE480 very soon and will be running Unitonic BT with their upgraded fueling kit for the TSI.

Surferboy120

Passed Driver's Ed
That'll work. I'll be installing my TTE480 very soon and will be running Unitonic BT with their upgraded fueling kit for the TSI.

Interesting I sent them an email a number of months back and they said they couldnt do a TTE420\480 tune. Did you ask in a specific manner? I have their stage 2+ tune currently. What are you paying if I may ask as well?

Surferboy120

Passed Driver's Ed
I heard injectors are needed for a Golf R at least just LPFP. I do have a 155 FPR waiting to go in on mine.

I have full stage 2+ hardware currently

Don®

Ready to race!
Interesting I sent them an email a number of months back and they said they couldnt do a TTE420\480 tune. Did you ask in a specific manner? I have their stage 2+ tune currently. What are you paying if I may ask as well?

No specific tune. I will be running their OTS Stage 3 tune with the fueling upgrade for the 2.0TSI.

For Uni to develop a specific tune then they would require the car or the turbo on their engine dyno for exact calibration.

Surferboy120

Passed Driver's Ed
No specific tune. I will be running their OTS Stage 3 tune fo with the fueling upgrade for the 2.0TSI.

For Uni to develop a specific tune then they would require the car or the turbo on their engine dyno for exact calibration.

:w00t: Understood I appreciate the information.

visceralsoup

Ready to race!
So I got a response from James at 4season tuning.
Basically UM has a full fueling kit available but of course we would never know by looking at that God awful website.

Here is the run down.
Flex sniffer $450.
UM Multi port injection, new in tank pump, harness, injectors $1350.
Update to TTE software from existing combo tune $450.
$700 to install
Kinda pricey but worth it for port injection and flex fuel capabilities.
Not sure on the specific injectors or fprv.

changchewsoon

Passed Driver's Ed

I've asked Unitronic before whether they can do a tune for this turbo, first of all they told me they're not a custom tuning company.

Secondly, they told me they're "working" on something for the MK6 and good things is coming our way and convinced me to return the turbo that I purchased.

So I took their words for it and returned the turbo, and eagerly awaiting for their so called good things that is coming our way.

That was like more than a year ago.

james9120

Go Kart Champion

Let me know how this goes. I'll probably be following the same route except for a TFSI.

TTE480
RS4 Injectors
HPFP
EBC
OTS BT file

Spoke to UNI, they've never ran their tune on a TTE so should be interesting. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but ya never know.