GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 vs 2011

alvin24

Ready to race!
So base on the official changes between 2010 and 2011. Which one would be better? Should people wait for buy the 2011? What's your take guys?

scottw86

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess it depends on what you want. If you are picky about options, and you can find a 2010 with the exact setup you want (too late to factory order one), then I'd say go for the 2010.

Otherwise, if you really want the upgraded blue-tooth or key-less entry, then order a 2011.

ngejie

The new radio is a big issue? Would there be anyway to go 2011 and order the navi from a 2010 model... The rns510

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
2011 is twin turbo

and RWD

if you're not picky about options, just find a 2010 somewhere. if you are, chances are you're getting a 2011 like myself

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
I was originally down for a 2011 factory order, however as soon as the new radio info came out etc. I called the dealership and told them to find me any 2010 in Black. They found the only Black one in Ontario...I'm taking it.

quarantine

Ready to race!
my question is how can you tell the difference between the 2010 and 2011 by way of VIN.
The dealer told me since my order for a 2010 has been delayed..l'll be getting the first batch of the 2011 model

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
There is nothing really wrong with the radio some people just dont like it and say it is a downgrade from what was in the 2010 I say not so much a downgrade as much as a way to make the car more afordable.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
I think the 2011 will have the same radio as the 2010 unless you get the base model, ie NO options

2010GolfGTIMK6

AutoTuning
The radio is very cheap now and I only wanted this configuration:

3-Door, Manual, Sunroof only

I am using the standard 17" rim for winter as I have 17" winter tires already, and have a set of 19" RS4's with performance summer tires that I'll use for summer.

The new configuration would have me with 18" standard Detroits which I really don't like, so for me the 2010 was the only option.