GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI Gti vs 2005 Hyundia Tiberon GT

gkallis

Ready to race!
I didnt race him but i have a 6 speed manual and he has a 4 speed auto and wants to race me. i dont know whether to be scared or not because ill admit im not the fastest shifter especially from 2nd to 3rd i always miss the damn thing when going fast. what do you guys think?

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Just remember when shifting soft an accurate is better than hard and misshifting besides that I say your golden.

gkallis

Ready to race!
Just remember when shifting soft an accurate is better than hard and misshifting besides that I say your golden.
ur right i might actually go out right now and pratice. i see you have a manual gti too now what about launching i know u turn esp off but whats best rpm range to launch at? 2k? i dont wanna sit there and spin the tires

msm00b

Ready to race!
Your competition (GT Tib):

Engine : V6, DOHC, front engine FWD
Displacement : 2,656 cc
Valve : 24 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
Transmission : 6-spd manual, 5-spd manual, 4-spd automanual
Horsepower : 170-172 hp @ 6000 rpm
Torque : 177-181 lb-ft @ 3800 rpm

0-60 mph : 7.4 sec.(manual)
Curb Weight : 2969-3010 lbs

You:

Layout Front Engine, FWD
Transmission 6 Speed Conventional or DSG Manual
Type: VW TSI Inline 4
Displacement 2.0 liters
Horsepower 210 bhp @ 5300 rpm
Torque 207 lb-ft @ 1700 rpm

Acceleration 0-60 mph s: 6.9 seconds
Curb Weight 2900 lbs.

The real question is ... why are you worried? You're both front wheel drive. You are lighter. You have more horses. You have more torque at 1700 rpm than he has at 3800rpm. Your car quotes a faster quarter mile and 0-60. You get better gas mileage. You can fit 4-5 people in your car comfortably.

In every conceivable way, GTI > Tib GT. The only reason you could possibly lose by way of complete lack of skill with a manual transmission.

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
To compleatly turn off traction control hold the ESP button for 5 seconds it should flash but to be honist just leave it on don't launch let him get a car on you then crush him way more fun that was if you where to launch 3500 is pretty controlable depending on your tires buy that will just start an argument cause everyone launches at slightly differnt rpm
thats my 0.2

gkallis

Ready to race!
well im on shitty all seasons also race is from a roll at like 35 40. im just scared ima F up going from 2nd to 3rd

TDI110

O_o
You'll do fine, and just as mentioned above, smooth shifts. I really don't see how anyone can miss 3rd gear from second. Be careful you don't stall it trying to launch :p

gkallis

Ready to race!
im practicing lol i raced a passat today on highway..dont ask me why it was dumb but i pulled up next to him smiled then he started to go at like 80 and i was in forth put my foot down and he like had me for half a second then i was gone lol.