GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How long until the MK6 R will be <$20k?

DerekKanarek

Ready to race!
I have a 2011 GTI that's about to hit 50k miles (only 1,500 on the new engine) and really want an R but they're still out of my price range. I'm just trying to figure out when possibly the R will be AROUND $20k? Like a CPO with 30k miles lets say. Idk just wanted to see if these things will come down in price or If I should just plan on keeping my GTI & driving it until it doesn't run anymore and save my $$ in the process :iono:
-Derek

Kyle805

Ready to race!
Well my guess is not for quite awhile. When I was first shopping around last year I considered a mk5 R32 but they were still up there. CPO with 60k on it for ~23k everywhere I saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

DerekKanarek

Ready to race!
Well my guess is not for quite awhile. When I was first shopping around last year I considered a mk5 R32 but they were still up there. CPO with 60k on it for ~23k everywhere I saw.

That's different though because they were limited to 5000

DerekKanarek

Ready to race!
Both were limited to 5000 units, the Golf R was just produced over two model years.

Is that true? Because I've seen a shit ton for sale just in the last 6 months alone

sprytdi

Ready to race!
I have a 2011 GTI that's about to hit 50k miles (only 1,500 on the new engine) and really want an R but they're still out of my price range. I'm just trying to figure out when possibly the R will be AROUND $20k? Like a CPO with 30k miles lets say. Idk just wanted to see if these things will come down in price or If I should just plan on keeping my GTI & driving it until it doesn't run anymore and save my $$ in the process :iono:
-Derek

LOL:laugh:
:bellyroll:

Sorry man....

DIG DEEP, GOTTA PAY 2 PLAY

First:
The R is VW's benchmark hatch, it's collector/limited run car, and this is the last year of the mk6 so that could be good or bad, probably bad cuz the cars are worth good money and there will be a few trying to get into the mk7 that need a certain amount out of their R dealer will give it to them and sell the used R at an inflated value and this action will drive up market value, and the nice low mileage GTI's are still goin for 20k....:rolleyes:

Second:
the R holds it's value ten fold to the gti

Third:
What condition are you gonna expect to get an R in for 20G ? And would you buy it....

Keep saving, or you can get an Audi A3 s line:23: but it's not any cheaper of a car really, just easier found and can be found in all sorts of price ranges depending on condition

I bet my R will still fetch nearly 20G in 5 years...:cool:

DerekKanarek

Ready to race!
LOL:laugh:
:bellyroll:

Sorry man....

DIG DEEP, GOTTA PAY 2 PLAY

First:
The R is VW's benchmark hatch, it's collector/limited run car, and this is the last year of the mk6 so that could be good or bad, probably bad cuz the cars are worth good money and there will be a few trying to get into the mk7 that need a certain amount out of their R dealer will give it to them and sell the used R at an inflated value and this action will drive up market value, and the nice low mileage GTI's are still goin for 20k....:rolleyes:

Second:
the R holds it's value ten fold to the gti

Third:
What condition are you gonna expect to get an R in for 20G ? And would you buy it....

Keep saving, or you can get an Audi A3 s line:23: but it's not any cheaper of a car really, just easier found and can be found in all sorts of price ranges depending on condition

I bet my R will still fetch nearly 20G in 5 years...:cool:

Then how come they're already going for $26-28k being less than 2 years old? That's already a $10k deprecation from how much they were NEW. Give it another 2 years and the good ones will be $22k and the average one will be $20k.

Trinite77871

Passed Driver's Ed

It will be just like the R32 prob 5 to 6 more years before they get under 20 unless you get the 150+k mile one.

also the starting price on the golf R was higher than the R32

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
That's different though because they were limited to 5000
Both were limited to 5000 units, the Golf R was just produced over two model years.

Actually no; the Golf R was never a "Limited Edition" such as the MKIV and MKV R32s or the Fahrenheit Editions were. It was/is a low volume model for the US; but not specifically as a special edition.

Production numbers for the North American Golf R:

US:
2012 Golf R, 2 Door, 1281
2012 Golf R, 4 Door, 1516
2013 Golf R, 2 Door, 777
2013 Golf R, 4 Door, 1933

Total Golf R Production: 5507

Canada: 750; can't find a specific breakdown on those.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Actually no; the Golf R was never a "Limited Edition" such as the MKIV and MKV R32s or the Fahrenheit Editions were. It was/is a low volume model for the US; but not specifically as a special edition.

Production numbers for the North American Golf R:

US:
2012 Golf R, 2 Door, 1281
2012 Golf R, 4 Door, 1516
2013 Golf R, 2 Door, 777
2013 Golf R, 4 Door, 1933

Total Golf R Production: 5507

Canada: 750; can't find a specific breakdown on those.

In Canada, we got 500 2012's and 250 2013's.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
rofl at "tenfold value over GTI"...

The MK6 R would probably be around $20K in about 3 more years, maybe a little longer, at retail pricing/dealers, I would guess.

DerekKanarek

Ready to race!
rofl at "tenfold value over GTI"...

The MK6 R would probably be around $20K in about 3 more years, maybe a little longer, at retail pricing/dealers, I would guess.

That sounds about right. I'm just going to wait at least 2 years until I can find a good CPO one for like $22k.

zrickety

The Fixer
I see them at 25k already. Keep driving your GTI, the MK7 comes out and I bet the R is sub 20k in 2 years.