GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP: How do I remove stubborn plastidip??

willmk4

Go Kart Champion
Might have to just get some new ones ..
It's going to be difficult to remove without damaging your SBs paint.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Might have to just get some new ones ..
It's going to be difficult to remove without damaging your SBs paint.

LOL no
Itll come off with no problems. I had dip on my hubcaps for about a year, and I recently tried peeling it off. It came off and the coat under it looked brand new.

Sent via my hairs.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
LOL no
Itll come off with no problems. I had dip on my hubcaps for about a year, and I recently tried peeling it off. It came off and the coat under it looked brand new.

Sent via my hairs.

You had JUST dip on your hubcaps. Not paint on top of dip.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
You had JUST dip on your hubcaps. Not paint on top of dip.

ive painted on top of dip on my rc bodies. it still comes all off and doesnt damage anything.
as long as you do good coats of the dip, you wont have issues.

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Paint over PD will still come off, but it's a pain in the ass. It basically just comes off in chips. How many layers of dip did you do?

In the future, make sure you do at least 4-5 coats of PD and whatever you do, do not paint over it if you want to be able to remove it in the future.

dknguyenn

Ready to race!
I had a bad incident just now trying to get it off my mirror caps. I just rubbed it raw with my fingers till it loosened up and came off.

5zero4

Try a product called rapid remover. It's a stronger version of goo gone. Leave it sit for 5 mins and wipe off. It won't fuck the factory paint.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
I plastidipped my mirror caps and then sprayed a few coats of gloss black rustoeleam spray paint on them. No I'm trying to take it off and IT WILL NOT COME OFF.
Things I've tried:
Peeling
WD-40
Goo-Gone
Is there a product I can get from Home Depot or Lowes that will dissolve it so It will come off?
Thank you.

You shouldn't really ever paint over plastidip as the paint will harden and pretty much make it really difficult to take off like you're experiencing now.

Seeing that you used rustoleum paint... try using a 50/50 water/rubbing alcohol mix and let it sit. Then use a credit car to gently scrape it off.