GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Color Matched Vinyls and Other designs for your VW Badge

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Thank you, good catch, we stopped trying to create color matched vinyls because we noticed that once we did get a match the sun would fade it a tiny bit and the color match would be ruined, our vinyls are sprayed with UV coating and will last forever, but when it comes to the color matching, you can notice the slight fading right away and the color match will be off... We have heard the same issue with competitor products from customers asking if the same thing would happen, the answer is yes, we assume that our competitor did not take in account the sun fading vinyl rear badges to different colors! :(

But spiker369 - we are working on spray painting vinyls with actual VW paint, seeing if that holds up, what color is your car, we can send you a sample. united gray?

:thumbsup:

Mine is carbon steel grey metallic, the darker grey. I've been running the plaid inserts since you guys sent me that a while back and I haven't noticed much/any fading on it, but that might just be because it's not trying to match the color of the car.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Mine is carbon steel grey metallic, the darker grey. I've been running the plaid inserts since you guys sent me that a while back and I haven't noticed much/any fading on it, but that might just be because it's not trying to match the color of the car.

Fading should not happen at all with UV coating, so colors will stay, but if you are looking at the color match option, you will notice it right away once the color fades, so it is near impossible to get a perfect color match to last, spray painting vinyl is the next option but a bit difficult.

Thanks for the feedback

Bowthewow

Ready to race!
I like the sticker bomb look. You could also look into making a mirror wrap that would match the rear badge. Or steering wheel inserts to match so all 3 go together like klii makes. I'm pretty sure quite a few people would buy the combo if they all matched. I can't count how many mk6's I've seen with the rear badge and mirror wrap matching.

Yup i got my stickerbombed from Klii.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger_storey View Post
I like the sticker bomb look. You could also look into making a mirror wrap that would match the rear badge. Or steering wheel inserts to match so all 3 go together like klii makes. I'm pretty sure quite a few people would buy the combo if they all matched. I can't count how many mk6's I've seen with the rear badge and mirror wrap matching.

Yup i got my stickerbombed from Klii.

We already have a stickerbomb steering wheel, rear badge and seat insert. All do very well in selling as a group, we had many customers who purchased our decals after having klii's installed and they reported back on their quality vs ours. All said our vinyls were thicker and a lot easier to install, and colors were a lot more crisp.

:thumbsup:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
click image below to sign up:

deAutoKey’s New Year Giveaway! 14 people will win!
You will have a chance to win everything we offer on our website!
We want to thank our amazing customers for a great year and look forward to an amazing New Year with a ton of great new products!
How to Enter: Step 1 -> Like us on FB
Step 2 -> Sign up for our mailing list that will appear after you like our FB Page.

Click link to take you to our sign up page: http://statictab.com/85stp9s

Winner will be picked at random on 2/5 and notified through email!

We are picking a total of 14 random winners!
Prizes will be:
2 Winners: Full Interior LED Kits of your choice

2 Winners: License plate LEDs of your choice

2 Winners: 1 Exterior LED we offer including [CREE LED City lights, CREE DRLs, CREE Reverse LEDs, CREE Brake LEDs, CREE Turn Signal, License Plate LEDs., OSRAM Turn Signals Etc.]

2 Winners: Vinyls of your choice

2 Winners: Key FOB Rebuild Kits of your choice

4 Winners: Silicone key cover of your choice

Good luck

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Like us on FB for Product Updates and a chance to win a silicone key cover (no entry required, random FB fan is picked at random at every 50 likes) - click link or image below:

www.facebook.com/deAutoKey

Follow us on Instagram for cool product pics, updates and codes @deAutoKey - click link or image below:

www.instagram.com/deAutoKey

Add us on Youtube for exciting new product reviews & DIYs - click link or image below:

http://www.youtube.com/deautokey

Status
Not open for further replies.