GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SPM TURBO BACK REVIEW

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!

http://www.drivespm.com/product-p/ex10-600r-ks20-00.htm

Lets first start off; this is my view, and my thoughts on SPM and their product ,Turbo Back Exhaust. Been trolling SPM and forums waiting on status. Now it finally came in.

Hands down, welds are very good are superb T304 stainless steel and TIG welded construction. Taking the kit out and looking at each part, I started to be come more amazed. I had APR TBE, though wanted something different and little louder. This system sounds better then my APR, and looks better in my view.

They came with v-band clamps, never used them before. The fitting was very smooth, they definitely did their home work on sizing and it fit’s like a glove …..

I had the exhaust installed at komet-motorsports in St. Charles IL. Great place, great techs.

The performance side, love that cat can be taken out very easily, and can be replaced with the a straight pipe option “will be doing a.s.a.p.” . It has main valve that opens at full throttle, and bypasses the mufflers. Sound is louder than APR and very solid. I’m very happy with this product, hands down. I recommend this to ALL my R friends. SPM has been coming up with some great parts and I’ll be happy to show my support to the little guy. I ENJOY their support for their great parts and hands down customer service.

Big thanks to SPM and Fist bump to Josh and Steve lol

PS.

I made bunch videos for this, though my gopro fell off at light by my house . Some jackoff behind me grabbed it and ran off. By the time I realized it was off he was gone. I will try best get some more asap.

thanks,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Deepflip

Ready to race!
Nice review, deff will be adding the catback section to mate it with my spm dp. Looks sexy as hell!! Good work spm!!

nimda

Ready to race!
cant say enough good things about these SPM guys.

The Street DP is amazing, and I'm looking forward finishing out the TBE.

Thanks for the review man!

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I notice it hangs lightly to the right *thats what she said*, any attempt in aligning it better?

brett_duenas

Ready to race!
I notice it hangs lightly to the right *thats what she said*, any attempt in aligning it better?

I noticed that too but in the picture it looks like the guy isn't finished tightening things up (if you look closely, the rear-most vband and the center vband are still loose).

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
I still need to play with adjusting lol

There's not much drone, wife approved, that's all that counts. Here's a link of the sound at idle at the shop

http://youtu.be/gJinItc90fE

Josh@DriveSPM

Ready to race!
Thanks for the review and kind words, Mike! :thumbsup:

If anyone has any questions for me please feel free to give me a shout! :)

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
Just ordered the cat delete pipe, can't wait for it to come in.
only $72.00 bucks, great price , awesome customer service.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Did you ever align the tail pipes? This set up intrigues me because I noticed many aftermarket exhaust tips stick out further than I personally like from the bumper cut-out. Looking at your pics, it looks like SPM doesn't stick any further than OEM... which is a good thing but it would drive me nuts looking at my tips not centered on the cut out

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
I've been so busy at work , haven't had any time. Once catless pipe comes in, I ll adjust it, just matter of playing with it little, just like any sys. Though will say, I REALLY like this exhaust, I'll get pics of the tips for ya, when I go to lunch.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I've been so busy at work , haven't had any time. Once catless pipe comes in, I ll adjust it, just matter of playing with it little, just like any sys. Though will say, I REALLY like this exhaust, I'll get pics of the tips for ya, when I go to lunch.

Thanks man :w00t: I am very particular on stuff like this

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
As requested

nimda

Ready to race!
IL plates... you up north?

Mike/RAREHARE

Ready to race!
Yep, Schaumburg ...holla