GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Feel engine vibration through brake pedal

PenguinGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Everyone, I replaced GTI stock battery with a Odyssey PC680 lightweight battery. I m sure I didn't touch anything related to brake. After installation everything works except I feel engine vibration through the brake pedal. When I rev the engine high, I can feel strong engine vibration through the brake pedal. Even it is idle, I still can feel the weak vibration. It wasn't like that before the mod.

What could be? The only reason I can think of. It might be because the stock battery weight was help damping engine vibration. After replaced with lightweight battery, the vibration came out. Am I correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Check your intake piping. It could be resting on your brake res.

PenguinGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I do not have any vibrations and I have the same battery. Very strange.

Thank you! This help to rule out my damping assumption. Since the intake pipe run over the brake reservoir, I will check what jshay said tonight.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah check the pipe. When i had my cts intake improperly installed(My fault) it only sat less than a 1/4" off it and would bump into it on certain things and cause vibrations in the pedal. I reinstalled it and it now sits roughly 3/4" off of it any never had a vibration since.

Uberryan

Banned
Definitely the elbow of the intake resting on the brake res. Try to tighten it so it doesn't droop or sit on it. Stock intake had a small arm that extended beneath the intake to hold it up off the res.

zrickety

The Fixer
If you have APR stage 2 pipe, you may need to slot the mounting bracket for better clearance.

PenguinGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you everyone in this thread and the original thread i did the battery installation. Right, it is the intake sits on up of the brake reservoir cause the vibration. I fixed it! Appreciate you guys in the forum. Help each other out, makes diy easier. Thank you again!

Last edited: