GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Teaser: APR Golf R RSC Exhaust Video

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

The new APR RSC Turboback Exhaust System for the Golf R is almost ready so here's a little teaser to show it off.

RSC stands for Reflective Sound Cancelation, which basically allows APR to create an exhaust system that's completely straight through, with no baffles or mufflers getting in the way of exhaust flow, without any drone. Drone is loud, obnoxious and undesirable sounds most aftermarket exhaust systems create in most driving scenarios. It's a constant tone when cruising on the highway which makes even talking with passengers very difficult. The RSC chambers attached to the Golf R system completely eliminate drone and in doing so, open the exhaust up so all you'll hear is the true sound of the engine.

The system is quite tame under normal driving. You can easily drive around w/o the system appearing obnoxious to other drivers, yet once you stomp on it, the system screams as exhaust gasses rush out the tail pipe at incredible speeds. You can literally hear the exhaust (air) rushing out of the system in the videos, which is evident of how unrestricted the system truly is.

Take a look at the system and ask questions if you have any. We'll have photos, pricing, power graphs and all of the other information you need in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned and enjoy!

Elmexicano

Ready to race!
:thumbup:

I like it!!! Are you guys planning on having non resonated and resonated? Or is it just one system??

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
That sounds fuckin nuts. It almost sounds as if it sort of oscillates, but is very different and actually quite appealing.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Really Nice Setup!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
The engineers spent some time on the dyno testing multiple configurations and I was going over the data. Just a quick look at it, here's what I'm seeing. These are not the exact figures, some are higher, and lower, but this should give you an idea of what we are seeing on average. This is all average results too as we do multiple dyno pulls and I average them all together so we are not using the highest or lowest runs. What should be noted is that it's clear at higher output levels, the exhaust doesn't show the gains it could show unless you free up the intake. Essentially in those situations, the exhaust isn't as much of a bottleneck, but once the intake bottleneck is removed, it makes really good gains, especially in mid range torque.

Stock ECU
Stock Intake
Stock HPFP
Stock Intercooler
Stock Exhaust vs APR RSC TBE = Averaged Around 10 HP Peak Gain

Stock ECU
VWR Intake
Stock HPFP
Stock Intercooler
Stock Exhaust vs APR RSC TBE = Averaged Around 15 HP Peak Gain

APR Stage 1 ECU
Stock Intake
Stock HPFP
Stock Intercooler

APR Stage 1 ECU
VWR Intake
Stock HPFP
Stock Intercooler
Stock Exhaust vs APR RSC TBE = Averaged Around 25 HP Peak Gain

APR Stage 1+ ECU
Stock Intake
APR HPFP
Stock Intercooler

APR Stage 1+ ECU vs APR Stage 2+ ECU
VWR Intake
APR HPFP
Stock Intercooler
Stock Exhaust vs APR RSC TBE = Averaged Around 25 HP Peak Gain

nectar1

Passed Driver's Ed
sounds great.

i'm curious to find out the weight....and how spendy it's gonna be.

did you guys remove the sounda-faker? (<-tm name. nectar 2012)

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Release it so I can send our stocking order!

vwr2010

APR Tuned
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?deskto...youtu.be&feature=youtu.be&v=OFS5bSpXAoE&gl=AU

Thats my one with apr exaust done in aus.

The new APR RSC Turboback Exhaust System for the Golf R is almost ready so here's a little teaser to show it off.

RSC stands for Reflective Sound Cancelation, which basically allows APR to create an exhaust system that's completely straight through, with no baffles or mufflers getting in the way of exhaust flow, without any drone. Drone is loud, obnoxious and undesirable sounds most aftermarket exhaust systems create in most driving scenarios. It's a constant tone when cruising on the highway which makes even talking with passengers very difficult. The RSC chambers attached to the Golf R system completely eliminate drone and in doing so, open the exhaust up so all you'll hear is the true sound of the engine.

The system is quite tame under normal driving. You can easily drive around w/o the system appearing obnoxious to other drivers, yet once you stomp on it, the system screams as exhaust gasses rush out the tail pipe at incredible speeds. You can literally hear the exhaust (air) rushing out of the system in the videos, which is evident of how unrestricted the system truly is.

Take a look at the system and ask questions if you have any. We'll have photos, pricing, power graphs and all of the other information you need in the coming weeks.

Stay tuned and enjoy!