GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PCV cracked? Oil ontop of PCV

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Hey Guys, i noticed that ontop of my PCV i have a thin layer of oil on it. I cleaned it a few weeks ago but its back again. Is this considered normal or do i have a problem here?

i want to upload my photo

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Get a catch can and be done bro. Just get a reputable one (not autozone) and clean it all the time. How many miles are you?

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
I don't need another serviceable part, nor do i feel like dropping $500 on a part that has no real proven benefit. But that's totally subjective.

My PCV has about 10k miles on it, that said its a Vaico aftermarket one. Thats probably the problem.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
I don't need another serviceable part, nor do i feel like dropping $500 on a part that has no real proven benefit. But that's totally subjective.

My PCV has about 10k miles on it, that said its a Vaico aftermarket one. Thats probably the problem.

Ok fair point. Enjoy your leaky PCV. [emoji1365]

Uberryan

Banned
Could already be a failing diaphragm or excessive crank case pressure forcing oil through tiny imperfections. Might wanna swap back to an OEM replacement.

FriggenT1

Banned

Problem right there. They're junk. Get an OEM revision AC. That should be ok for a while.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Cool, thanks everyone. I ordered a new one.

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
AH is the new one. I believe they go in alphabetical order.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
AH is definitely the latest revision, I got one from VW just a couple of weeks ago, they confirmed it was the latest revision available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
$159.95 seems a bit high though, I paid £67.80GBP ($89.19US), from the dealership here in the UK, I thought VAG parts were priced similarly across the globe?

FriggenT1

Banned
$159.95 seems a bit high though, I paid £67.80GBP ($89.19US), from the dealership here in the UK, I thought VAG parts were priced similarly across the globe?

Yes it is high, the AC is much cheaper...id just get one of those...its been fine for me, but if it lasts I guess it's worth the money