GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Pads for 2.5

Felix1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking for upgraded brake pads for my 2.5. I want them to be all around better than OEM. I've read a lot of people saying good things about StopTech. Mostly from GTI guys though... does anyone have an personal experience with aftermarket brake pads on the 2.5? or is it the same as the GTI? I looked on StopTechs site and they only seem to do brake lines for the 2010 2.5.

VWghost26

Ready to race!
No experience personally but I'd be curious if mk5 rabbit pads would be a direct fit? I'm going to be considering the same thing when my pads fade away. I've heard a lot of positive feedback about hawk hps or hsp whichever it is. But again only reviews from gti owners

Felix1

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah a lot of people seem to like the hawk hps. Does anyone who has had them on the MK5 or MK6 have any feedback on them?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Brakes are the same between a mk5 rabbit and a mk6 golf. Pads from one will fit the other.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
get the hawk pads for the 2010 2.5. get ss lines and get slotted rotors. you'll be set aesthetically and get better braking.

Not necessarily. SS brakes are mainly for fade. If you aren't tracking SS lines and slotted rotors (particularly the latter) are likely useless to you.

Stick to good pads. Forget the other stuff

Not necessarily. SS brakes are mainly for fade. If you aren't tracking SS lines and slotted rotors (particularly the latter) are likely useless to you.

Stick to good pads. Forget the other stuff

ss lines actually do help overall braking even if it's not constant pressure .. you dont need to track to want better braking. and slotted rotors are an aesthetic upgrade. Like i said.