GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dumb question, what is this light that came on?

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Hey,

I know I could look it up but I'm just going to ask here...what is this light that came on this morning as I was driving maybe around 65mph? I had traction control off, and all of a sudden I see a message saying traction control turned off again, and I notice this light turned on.

Thanks!

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Crap, that's not good. You think I should take it to my dealership? Car's only two months old.

Veedubgli

Ready to race!
I would check the pressure and adjust if necessary, then see if it comes back on. Also check for nails in tires, etc....

skillz1318

Passed Driver's Ed
Crap, that's not good. You think I should take it to my dealership? Car's only two months old.

Hahaha...just put in air and check tires. You should be fine, tires lose air sometimes when you go over a pothole.

That's like saying my fuel light came on...should I take my car in for service?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Check your tire pressure. If that is ok, then consider taking it in for them to look at it. The TPMS system is very tempermental.

A_Bowers

Had mine come on a while back. Beeped at me while I was headed to APR. Got out and checked all tires with the gauge. No issues. Reset via the button in the glove box and no issues since. Tires are fine.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
My '12 didn't have TPMS sensors mounted in the Detroit wheels. OP, did you replaced the wheels with aftermarket ones? If so, just press and hold the button located in the glovebox...left side upper corner.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
My '12 didn't have TPMS sensors mounted in the Detroit wheels. OP, did you replaced the wheels with aftermarket ones? If so, just press and hold the button located in the glovebox...left side upper corner.

Nope, haven't changed a thing yet in my car. :)

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Mine has come on erroneously a couple times. Just check your tire pressures and put some air in if need be. But I bet they are fine and it's just the sensor acting up.

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Shini

Go Kart Champion
You can either just check your pressure til you find the culprit that's tripping the light, or just buy a set of new tires.

Edit: Also looks likey you've been enjoying your car! :D Couple of months old and already almost 3k miles! Yeyeye! :D

Last edited:

btufail

Ready to race!
Check your tire pressure. If that is ok, then consider taking it in for them to look at it. The TPMS system is very tempermental.

Just had my 10k inspection and oil change(actually only 7800 miles on the car). Dealership also rotated my tires and bamo, light came on. Like everyone says, keep an eye on the tire pressure in each tire, and if it's ok, hit the reset switch in the glove box.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wow.........