GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who has switched tunes between APR and Unitronic - and why?

Noize

Go Kart Champion
DO NOT run E85 on a race gas map. They aren't mapped even close to the same.

I know our cars can be mapped for E85, I'm pretty sure I saw an E85 dyno graph on a 2.0T car when I was at APR last week. ;)

Noize

Go Kart Champion
I think it definitely would if the hpfp was getting overworked or the car began to over-boost. In fact, I'm almost certain it would. my 08 1 series has that technology so I'm sure the 10-13 mk6 would.

Grambles, why hasn't anyone run a 40/60 e85 blend to 93 octane on a 100 octane file? Do we have weak hpfps? Can the injectors not handle that? Seems like a viable option to race gas/water-meth if you can vag com the fueling system into a closed loop.

N54s limped like crazy early on in piggyback days. That is a Siemens ECU and will limp based on fault (boost, timing, etc)

Grambles is talking about knock retard, and that shouldn't induce a limp mode. It's just the ECU reacting to fuel behind the scenes.

MovinOut

Banned
DO NOT run E85 on a race gas map. They aren't mapped even close to the same.

I know our cars can be mapped for E85, I'm pretty sure I saw an E85 dyno graph on a 2.0T car when I was at APR last week. ;)

In terms of octane variance? e85 runs pretty close to 110 from my research.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
In terms of octane variance? e85 runs pretty close to 110 from my research.

No. In terms of air fuel mixture. E85 means the engine should be run way richer. This is why it's consumption is much higher. An e85 map is unique.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
N54s limped like crazy early on in piggyback days. That is a Siemens ECU and will limp based on fault (boost, timing, etc)

Grambles is talking about knock retard, and that shouldn't induce a limp mode. It's just the ECU reacting to fuel behind the scenes.

I'm just wondering if there is a margin UNTIL the ECU steps in an implements a safety measure, IE: Limp Mode.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
I foresee threads in the near future with the title of "switched tunes from APR to Unitronic back to APR.

Knight

Ready to race!
I foresee threads in the near future with the title of "switched tunes from APR to Unitronic back to APR.

Me too i will foresee threads in the future with the title of " switched tunes from APR to Unitronic to APR and back to Unitronic. :thumbup:

big_c

Ready to race!
If you purchase an APR tune and are having driveability issues or others, you have 30 days to get a full refund if you are unsatisfied. There is also customer support to help you.

If you switch from one tuner to another tune in an attempt to increase power, it may possibly be the most expensive horsepowers you ever buy, and that is assuming you even gain any power. Spend the money on a better intercooler, W/M, or save it for your next turbo upgrade.

All the guys that go this route have confirmation bias, and is why they have
"OMG Unitronics what a difference so much more power" in their signature to profess this. lol.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
If you purchase an APR tune and are having driveability issues or others, you have 30 days to get a full refund if you are unsatisfied. There is also customer support to help you.

If you switch from one tuner to another tune in an attempt to increase power, it may possibly be the most expensive horsepowers you ever buy, and that is assuming you even gain any power. Spend the money on a better intercooler, W/M, or save it for your next turbo upgrade.

All the guys that go this route have confirmation bias, and is why they have
"OMG Unitronics what a difference so much more power" in their signature to profess this. lol.

Sometimes it isn't about horsepower but rather power delivery.

You sound like you work for APR.