GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 Volkswagen GTI headlight assembly questions

Ive been looking for this for a while and I have not been able to find an answer.

I have been trying to look for headlights for the GTI with the LED daytime running lamp strips similar to the ones attatched.

I purchased this car about a week ago and I have a work order to replace the faulty headlights it came with. I sent the dealer this link:

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Lighting/Headlights/ES2224807/

but they say the harness is incorrect. To the best of my knowledge, the 2010 GTI does not have the option for the daytime running lamp led strip but when i bought it they already came with them? Is there anyone that can guide me in the right direction? I want these headlights rather than the OEM ones for the 2010 GTI. please advise!

Thanks

Attachments

• GTI.jpg
    GTI.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 213

Tech72

Ready to race!
The Mk6 GTI did not come with OEM LED daytime lights until model year 2012. Your 2010 may have the bi-xenon HID's but not LED's, at least not from the factory.

Andrew429

Ready to race!
Is your car the one in the attached image? If so, you have the depo aftermarket ones installed
Edit: since those are depo headlights your car originally had the halogen headlight assemblies and you will need to use adapters. There are many threads about that and the coding that needs to be done to use oem ones

2014GTI

Ready to race!
You will need to by the Helix Depo set of headlights if you want the same setup for under 1k here is the link for the cheapest price I keep wanting to buy a set. Link If you find a full set you can do the following install but it will be vary pricey for OEM and keep in mind you still will not have the AFS part.Link Unless you spend more for parts or are lucky and have the correct version of the Electronics control module

Thanks guys. Another quick question, my headlights were working fine until the dealer checked the lights and tried to fix the condensation themselves (unsuccessfully) now when I turn on the lights the passenger side day time running lamps do not turn on like they used to before I took it in. The one that they didn't touch still works fine. I checked to make sure everything is plugged in right and it looks fine? Could it have something to do with the coding of the light when they disconnected it? Please advise! Thanks!

m.dubb127

I wish I knew.. I put aftermarket LED Headlights and my DRL works fine but when I turn on the headlights the LEDs turn of with the side marker... I have read the problems but no solutions...

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I wish I knew.. I put aftermarket LED Headlights and my DRL works fine but when I turn on the headlights the LEDs turn of with the side marker... I have read the problems but no solutions...

Welcome, Its called Vagcom. Stock wise our DRL turn off when the headlights are switched to on so you must code them in VAGCOM for them not to turn off.

Try searching on here/google. There are DIY for coding.

Welcome, Its called Vagcom. Stock wise our DRL turn off when the headlights are switched to on so you must code them in VAGCOM for them not to turn off.

Try searching on here/google. There are DIY for coding.

So that could be it then? My car was coded from the previous owner and when they disconnected the headlight it reverted back to the factory coding?

m.dubb127

Google didn't help.. Can you give the details on a 2013 GTI. Only the left side does it... is that possible with Vagcom... I Googled it and it was confusing.... What and where is Vagcom.. Do I read in in my dash.. I'm new to this.

m.dubb127

I replaced them with a new set and the LED is turning off with the side marker 5 seconds after I turn on the headlights.... it's is Vag-com and I need some advise on what to get.. USB/Software....

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
I replaced them with a new set and the LED is turning off with the side marker 5 seconds after I turn on the headlights.... it's is Vag-com and I need some advise on what to get.. USB/Software....

The cable and software can be somewhat expensive, its not worth it for a one time thing. Try searching the regional section on the forum and find someone that lives around you that can help you.

Some guys will do it for just a case of beer lol. I got so much done last month from a guy that lives 10 mins away from me :w00t: