GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project:CW Comet

Candy Coated Comet VW

Ready to race!
So where to start?????? Well i have all was love hatch back cars. Its started with the green hornet. My first ride which was given to me by my mom LOL. It was a Honda Civic hatch back. I love pushing that thing to the limits. I never really got a chance or should i say Pulled my head out of my ass on how i wanted to build it up. Once i started working on it i got the chance to head out to Japan. I picked up a Skyline R32. That was a nice all wheel drive beast. Year goes by an picked up a nissan Silvia. All black bronze 18 tenzo. Although that car was in bad shape because the previous wrecked it i got it for cheap an parted here out cause the frame was fucked. Finally made it back to the states an was look for something with power but something that i knew the ins an outs about pushin down the street. So in Aug 2010 i came across CW Comet while i was visiting my mom in North Carolina.

What i have done so far is swap out the grill, Gloss Black side mirrors, Amber turn signals an tthe ero switch for the back fog light opt.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 335
  • DSC_1754.jpg
    DSC_1754.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC_1752.jpg
    DSC_1752.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC_1749.jpg
    DSC_1749.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 322
  • DSC_1770.jpg
    DSC_1770.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 358
  • DSC_1795.jpg
    DSC_1795.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

GrisTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
he nice mods
are you going to paint the hood again so you cant see the "filling"part where the VW logo has been?
what kind of rims are you getting?
i will be following you
cheers,
chris

Candy Coated Comet VW

Ready to race!
Found a shop

Got lucky this weekend an found a place that can re-fabricate my hood. Going to have to put that on my to do list for April or May to get it done. Going to run me 400 which isn't to bad just hope the work comes out clean.:readthethread:LOL

Candy Coated Comet VW

Ready to race!
Build is slowing in pace trying to get my head together on which way to go with this project had a plan an got side tracked. So trying to get back on this project.

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
what were you thinking when you did that to your poor engine cover... it looks like hell.... i looks like you just painted it a few colors quick cause you couldnt decide which one to choose... IMHO.

GrisTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
the gold rims would realy pop, i would say the bronze not to flash but classe. ps: my englisch s*cks at the moment :p

scbastv

Ready to race!
How bout these???

Wahahahah cough evil laughing hurt my lunges

hmmmm...gotta be honest...

i was interested in this build thread and liked where you were going...

i was digging the konig wheels you posted and was all in to see what imho was a good looking wheel (either color) and not a played out wheel was gonna look like on ur ride...

your current rim choice does not excite me nearly as much:thumbdown:...i feel like i MAY have seen it ONCE OR TWICE in the past...

but hey, this is your ride, build it how you want it...just remember, YOU asked for opinions...:thumbsup:

on the plus side, since you might not be rocking them i may just steal your idea for my next wheels...:D

Candy Coated Comet VW

Ready to race!
hmmmm...gotta be honest...

i was interested in this build thread and liked where you were going...

i was digging the konig wheels you posted and was all in to see what imho was a good looking wheel (either color) and not a played out wheel was gonna look like on ur ride...

your current rim choice does not excite me nearly as much:thumbdown:...i feel like i MAY have seen it ONCE OR TWICE in the past...

but hey, this is your ride, build it how you want it...just remember, YOU asked for opinions...:thumbsup:

on the plus side, since you might not be rocking them i may just steal your idea for my next wheels...:D

I asked lol trust it's not like I am upset about your honesty at all. It wasn't in a dick way so it's all good.

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Comet, I see you ordered some Golf R Headlights for you car and you currently have OEM Halogens. If you do the retrofit could you write a DIY for it?

Candy Coated Comet VW

Ready to race!
Comet, I see you ordered some Golf R Headlights for you car and you currently have OEM Halogens. If you do the retrofit could you write a DIY for it?

I will do that for sure once I get the rest o the parts. I haven't seen any DIY out there or anyone who's claimed to have done so. I talk to the dealership in my area about it told me what I needed. So I'm going to most likely do a write up in July once everything gets in.