GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wheel repair

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Any recommendations for a good wheel repair shop, besides the infamous Son Tran? He doesn't really do mobile jobs anymore and was just looking to see what else is closer in L.A.

MK6 Shizz

Ready to race!
I had my VMR's refinished by Rolo's friend around 6 months ago. I thought he had fair prices and did a great job. He is mobile. He finished 3 of my wheels within 2 hours. PM for his number.

oatzel

Ready to race!
Tru wheel in noho

Last edited:

oatzel

Ready to race!
Don't know how they are now but back in the day they were really good.

yeah, its probably been like 4 or more years since I used them, but the wheel came out great.

good yelp reviews it seems

GP813

Ready to race!
Don't know how they are now but back in the day they were really good.

Im gonna try them out. I have some rims that could use some work so i can mount them on my girls car.

jshay

Go Kart Champion
Heard wheel flip has gone down in the recent years but that's just what I heard.

They did great work on the wheels I'm on right now.

MisaelMk6

Ready to race!
Heard wheel flip has gone down in the recent years but that's just what I heard.

They did great work on the wheels I'm on right now.

Wheel flip does do a good job and has good prices. Unfortunately, after what they did to me ill never be going back. I had dropped of a set of Bbs style 5's in the beginning of Feb, i wanted to make the style 5's 3 pc with double step lips to size 18". They claimed to me that they will be ready in 4-6 weeks and if i was willing to wait that long since 2 lips were on back order. I was fine with waiting that long but i asked him to try and get them before a couple shows. Well that didnt happen i would never hear any updates. I would have to call them to see whats going on with the wheels everytime. I felt as if i had to push them in order to work on my wheels. Well wuste came around and i got a featured spot so at that point the wheelflip was only waiting on one more lip. On May 26th they still didnt even have my lip.. I waited 3 months and had a featured spot. I really didn't want to go to wuste with a featured spot sitting on stock wheels. Well i told him im leaving to vegas for a show and i expect the wheels on Friday before i leave. Honestly, that was just me being nice because anyone after waiting 3 months anyone would of tooken diffrent actions. The plan was for me to get my wheels that Friday before i left to wuste and still have to drive around to find tires... Well i call Alex (manager/owner) on friday morning he states to me that my wheels will be ready to be picked up in the afternoon. I live in North Hollywood i got out of work early to head towards whittier so i wouldn't run into traffic. When i get there everyone was clueless about me picking up my wheels they had mention to me that the wheels wont be ready till Saturday. Well yeah that didnt work out for me. Unfortunately, "there was nothing they could of done" to have my wheels done. At this point i was frustrated, they made me drive to whittier since they claimed the wheels would be ready just to tell me they will be ready Saturday. Ill admit, he made it up on the invoice but thats not what really matters imo.

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
Problem is that wheel flip is basically the middle man. It really depends on the manufacture who produce the lips and barrels. A lot of the wheel shops have that problem with rebuilds. Not trying to defend them or anything but that is the truth in that industry. I've had my wheels refinished at wheel flip too and the turn around time was faster than they quoted because they had the lips I needed in stock. The only problem Ive had with them is the silicone is seeping out from when they sealed it. I'm just going to retorque the bolts just in case but it is a pain to clean.

Honestly the go to place I would go to is vr wheels who are bigger and machine in house. They tend to order a lot and stock a lot of parts. I'm sure they do wheel refinishing also and I just picked up a few lips from them for my oz futura rebuild. Great bunch of guys who were very informative for my build. They also order from the same manufacturer for the lips but they order more I'm guessing

MisaelMk6

Ready to race!
Problem is that wheel flip is basically the middle man. It really depends on the manufacture who produce the lips and barrels. A lot of the wheel shops have that problem with rebuilds. Not trying to defend them or anything but that is the truth in that industry. I've had my wheels refinished at wheel flip too and the turn around time was faster than they quoted because they had the lips I needed in stock. The only problem Ive had with them is the silicone is seeping out from when they sealed it. I'm just going to retorque the bolts just in case but it is a pain to clean.

Honestly the go to place I would go to is vr wheels who are bigger and machine in house. They tend to order a lot and stock a lot of parts. I'm sure they do wheel refinishing also and I just picked up a few lips from them for my oz futura rebuild. Great bunch of guys who were very informative for my build. They also order from the same manufacturer for the lips but they order more I'm guessing

Yeah, vr wheels seems to order more stock orders. Wheelflip most likely does drop ships. Wheelflip has good pricing and work though can't lie about that.

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
yea their pricing is better just gotta have alot of patience lol. i would be freaking out by a month let alone three months. Your wheels look great and well worth the wait though! Someday, im going to upsize my futuras to 18s but trying for 17s because of cheaper tires haha.

MisaelMk6

Ready to race!
yea their pricing is better just gotta have alot of patience lol. i would be freaking out by a month let alone three months. Your wheels look great and well worth the wait though! Someday, im going to upsize my futuras to 18s but trying for 17s because of cheaper tires haha.

Those futuras are nice too man! That was actually what i was thinking of going for lol
I messed up i should of gotten 215/35 on tires 215/40 is too big for the rears.

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
Those futuras are nice too man! That was actually what i was thinking of going for lol
I messed up i should of gotten 215/35 on tires 215/40 is too big for the rears.

yea 215 35 would be great for your setup although the ride is much rougher. thanks the futuras were my dream wheels and i really lucked out. Some guy traded their oz futuras for my detroits lol deal of a lifetime.