GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fixing Headlight Beam Pattern?

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Is there a way to fix the beam pattern on a set of bi-xenon headlights?

A few years ago I bought a set of Ed's aftermarket bi-xenon headlights. Everything worked out just fine as far as installing them and getting them programmed went. But, I never really did a proper adjustment on them - I just got the height 'about right' and called it a day.

One thing that always bugged me, though, was that the beam pattern (the top line of the light projection) is SUPER goofed. On the left headlight there's a significant dip in the beam. It's not flat at all.

Is there a way to mess with the 'flatness' of the beam pattern?

I wish I could find info on Ed's headlights, now. It's been so long since I got these lights, I can't find anything useful with the search, and I actually need to replace the bulbs but don't have the info and replacements.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
If what your describing looks like the picture it’s normal! It’s called a step, both lights have it and it is to prevent oncoming traffic being dazzled while still allowing as much light as possible to shine on your side of the road,

If on the other hand you mean that the beam slopes down then that is known as projector rotation and is not adjustable on Ed’s (or most other) lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Genuine and other high quality bi-xenon lights will always be as flat as the picture, replicas are often poorly built causing strange beam patterns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
Ya, the beam pattern is just bizarre. It is in no way as level as shown in your pictures.

I haven't physically played with it yet, but I have a feeling the pattern is bad because the units themselves are just what you get with cheap knock-offs.