GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0299 Code

piff_jar

Passed Driver's Ed
On mobile so I'll keep this short and sweet. I am Cobb Stage 1+. Noticed I lost some power (tq/hp) after a 4 hr drive. Plug in accessport and notice topping off at 10 psi . should be around 17/18. A day later I get engine code p0299 for boost leak.

I am taking car into dealership for oil change (I live at apt with no parking space and no tools). I was gonna ask if they could check the diverter valve while its on a lift but I don't want them to charge me out the ass for diagnosis amd such.

Ok so main point. Is there anyway I can check for leak without tools and space? If its diverter valve I can install an upgraded one by myself at a friends place. So far the lack of boost does not prohibit my driving at all. Just a minor inconvenience.

Oh also, when I was changing the intake I damaged this hose. I think its a radiator related hose but I'm not 100%.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

DELETE

Autocross Champion
How long have you had that intake? Could be a MAF issue, try cleaning it and check clamps for the intake hoses and filter and reset CEL. Also do you have any aftermarket air pipes? (Charge or discharge). Check clamps on them if you do. Diverter valve could be the culprit also, do you have the D version? Go GFBDV+ if you can one day.

Last edited:

piff_jar

Passed Driver's Ed
How long have you had that intake? Could be a MAF issue, try cleaning it and check clamps for the intake hoses and filter and reset CEL. Also do you have any aftermarket air pipes? (Charge or discharge). Check clamps on them if you do. Diverted valve could be the culprit also, do you have the D version? Go GFBDV+ if you can one day.
Intake for a few months. I'll check intake hoses and clean MAF and see if that helps but it was to my understanding a p0299 code would indicate boost leak after turbo but before intake manifold. Anyway I will check on those things. Stock otherwise than the intake. That is including diverter valve. Heard the stock d valve is weak.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
Dealership will absolutely charge you out the rear to check the DV. Seeing as yours is a '10, i'd change it out for a revised OEM unit, or DV+ if you wish. It can be done easily on stands/ramps if you have space.

Heard the stock d valve is weak.

Rev D is fine for all applications.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Dealership will absolutely charge you out the rear to check the DV. Seeing as yours is a '10, i'd change it out for a revised OEM unit, or DV+ if you wish. It can be done easily on stands/ramps if you have space.

I agree with this.

piff_jar

Passed Driver's Ed

I'm thinking upgraded oem as well. Will probably go that route if everything else I try fails. I'm hoping that's the worst that it would be.