GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Passenger Door Handle Removal??

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
So i have searched up and down and cannot seem to figure out how to take out the passenger exterior door handle. I pulled the 2 grommets on the side of the door but it is not like the driver side where there are 2 bolts. Help would be much appreciated!!

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
Need to figure this out asap!!

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
Still stumped.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Hmm.. I'll try and look around.

Draz

Ready to race!
Only the driver side has the "locking cylinder" Here's how to remove the handles that don't have the lock:

"Remove plug -3- from rear opening.
– Guide assembly tool -T10389- approx. 60 mm into door behind locking device -2- of bearing bracket.
– Pull assembly tool -T10389- backwards -arrow- until hook releases."

"– Pull door handle -2- in direction of -arrow a-.
– Pull cover cap -1- off door -arrow b-."

This is the special assembly tool that the instructions refer to:

Here's how to install it:

– Slide cover cap -1- into bearing bracket -arrow b-."

"– Remove plug -5- from front opening.
– Guide a screwdriver -4- onto locking device -3- of bearing bracket.
– Push screwdriver inwards -arrow- until hook engages."

Here's the door lock overview (#4 is only on the driver side):

Hope this helps you out, good luck!

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
Figured it out. Thanks a ton guys!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Great!

cpham12

Does anyone know if this can possibly be done without the specialty tool? Could a similar tool be fashioned out of let's say a wire coat hanger? Just trying to be as cost efficient as possible before resorting to dropping $30 on a tool I'll use at most twice in my life. Thanks plenty!

2lazy4agoodname

Ready to race!
Get a hook and pick set. That's how i took mine off. Or if you want to save some momey just pop the panel off and you will see how the mechanism works. Really easy to take apart.

cpham12

Get a hook and pick set. That's how i took mine off. Or if you want to save some momey just pop the panel off and you will see how the mechanism works. Really easy to take apart.

Thanks! I've seen your wrap work and was inspired to try it out myself but got caught up with the door handles. Hopefully, I can start making better progress.

Hedgehodge

Passed Driver's Ed
Cap keeps falling off (number 1, or 6 showing picture with lock cylinder). Its on my drivers side. I bought a new one, pops off after opening the door like 3 times. Really annoying, dealer has no clue either.

It seems like #4 in the last picture is a little loose, is there a way to tighten that up so the snap cover piece holds in better maybe?

They are trying to say I glued it there, i dont even know how that would work or what glue id put there lol. I got it back after having the block replaced and found the cap on the pass side floorboard when I got home I figured id snap it back in....nope. Ordered a new one and had them try to put the one they ordered on too, no luck. VW dealership.

Hedgehodge

Passed Driver's Ed
Only the driver side has the "locking cylinder" Here's how to remove the handles that don't have the lock:

"Remove plug -3- from rear opening.
– Guide assembly tool -T10389- approx. 60 mm into door behind locking device -2- of bearing bracket.
– Pull assembly tool -T10389- backwards -arrow- until hook releases."

– Pull cover cap -1- off door -arrow b-."

This is the special assembly tool that the instructions refer to:

Here's how to install it:

– Slide cover cap -1- into bearing bracket -arrow b-."

"– Remove plug -5- from front opening.
– Guide a screwdriver -4- onto locking device -3- of bearing bracket.
– Push screwdriver inwards -arrow- until hook engages."

Here's the door lock overview (#4 is only on the driver side):

Hope this helps you out, good luck!

what is part 5 in the last photo, anyone have a part number please.

vwGOLF6

Can somebody help me please!!!

I took off the door handle and when I was fitting this back it gets stuck. So the handle doesn't work and don't get in.

Any ideas? Already tried to move the the lock in the holl but no success :(

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Can somebody help me please!!!

I took off the door handle and when I was fitting this back it gets stuck. So the handle doesn't work and don't get in.

Any ideas? Already tried to move the the lock in the holl but no success :(

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
You need to take the back cap off, then make sure the handle part latches on before you put the cap back on. Push the handle firmly forward to lock it on to the latch in the opening and then it will sit flush and you can then put the cap back on.