GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best pendulum mount?

gtibrad

ZUM DIS
The insert is only for stock dogbone pucks which have big gaps to allow for movement and to minimize vibration (comfort over stiffness). Shoving the insert in those gaps helps minimize movement.

The 034 dogbones are solid no gaps, stiffer rubber and no place for an insert. (stiffness over comfort).

As mentioned my next upgrade will be the Motorsport engine and trans mount (Even more stiffness over comfort) along with the dogbone (pendulum) arm which contains a spherical bearing instead of something pliable. (Even more control but less comfort)

Moving a number of suspension parts from poly to spherical bearings as well all of which will contribute to NVH but improve handline and response.
I didn't know, and didn't give it enough thought that the 034 pendulum insert meant: https://store.034motorsport.com/bil...agen-golf-jetta-gti-gli-8j-8p-audi-tt-a3.html

I thought he was saying he pulled out the pucks, included in the 034 mount kit, in order to save his oem pendulum. So, why it seemed like a lot to do to save that oem pendulum. But still, I would've left the 034 insert in and trusted the oem pendulum.

Last edited:

FriggenT1

Banned
I didn't know, and didn't give it enough thought that the 034 pendulum insert meant: https://store.034motorsport.com/bil...agen-golf-jetta-gti-gli-8j-8p-audi-tt-a3.html

I thought he was saying he pulled out the pucks, included in the 034 mount kit, in order to save his oem pendulum. So, why it seemed like a lot to do to save that oem pendulum. But still, I would've left the 034 insert in and trusted the oem pendulum.

I've simply heard of the OEM dogbone breaking several times, so I was trying to leave that area stock for now, or until I can afford the 034 or whichever

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
The APR doggone follows the MK7 doggone engineering change. The MK6 design, in some instances either breaks or can strip the bolt out of the trans case.

APR doggone, spherical bearings pressed out, SuperPro bushings pressed in
VWR full subframe mount kit
034 street engine mount
034 street trans mount

FriggenT1

Banned
The APR doggone follows the MK7 doggone engineering change. The MK6 design, in some instances either breaks or can strip the bolt out of the trans case.

034 street engine mount
034 street trans mount

I swear, this car has more sh*t to replace, it's just ridiculous.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I've simply heard of the OEM dogbone breaking several times, so I was trying to leave that area stock for now, or until I can afford the 034 or whichever

Yep it's a real weak point. Especially when people put stiff subframe pucks/inserts in and leave the dogbone stock. That's typically what does them in.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yep it's a real weak point. Especially when people put stiff subframe pucks/inserts in and leave the dogbone stock. That's typically what does them in.

This is me lol. Hasn't broken yet. But I've got the upper and lower VWR subframe mounts, and the street density 034 engine/tranny mounts with stock pendulum. I want the APR pendulum probably in the spring.

FriggenT1

Banned
you mean there are a lot of things to upgrade?

Yes, I've known there were a lot, but it just seems like the list grows all the time. For right now, I have to solve high rpm misfires which is likely carbon needing to be clean but I just don't want to do the job.... not payingv 500.00 for it either though so no choice

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Yes, I've known there were a lot, but it just seems like the list grows all the time. For right now, I have to solve high rpm misfires which is likely carbon needing to be clean but I just don't want to do the job.... not payingv 500.00 for it either though so no choice

Lucky. A shop near me quoted $800+ to walnut blast and re-seal the injectors I think?

I'll need to find a more reasonable price sometime in the next year or so. My car is at 85k miles and I've owned it since 45k. I haven't done the cleaning and not sure if it has been done in the past. No misfiring issues just yet.

FriggenT1

Banned
Lucky. A shop near me quoted $800+ to walnut blast and re-seal the injectors I think?

I'll need to find a more reasonable price sometime in the next year or so. My car is at 85k miles and I've owned it since 45k. I haven't done the cleaning and not sure if it has been done in the past. No misfiring issues just yet.

I have a lot of 1/2 mile drives in my car, even though I've used the sprays and gotten induction cleaning done before, I'm pretty sure it might be ready to be cleaned.... I'm at 45k now. Mileage is down pretty low, feels like a miss here and there, the high rpm misfires, all point to that being a potential culprit.

Oh I've been quoted more, but a nother place said 500 to walnut blast, but idk if that included injector seals or anything.

Chris659

Ready to race!

034 street engine mount
034 street trans mount

Hey Ryan what’s they advantage of pressing out the spherical bearing for the SuperPro? Reduce noise?

I have same mount setup as you but with VT subframe pucks instead of VWR.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Hey Ryan what’s they advantage of pressing out the spherical bearing for the SuperPro? Reduce noise?

I have same mount setup as you but with VT subframe pucks instead of VWR.

Spherical bearings on the street are never going to last long, I feel companies choose this option for inevitable replacement or recurring sales. With a true subframe mount solution like VWR or VT, a spherical bearing may be too much. For me, I wanted the upgraded engineering design and chose to use trusted SuperPro bushings.

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
Spherical bearings on the street are never going to last long, I feel companies choose this option for inevitable replacement or recurring sales. With a true subframe mount solution like VWR or VT, a spherical bearing may be too much. For me, I wanted the upgraded engineering design and chose to use trusted SuperPro bushings.

How much did that add to the cost of the mount?

Chris659

Ready to race!
It’s been a while I forget, I ordered the mount from TyrolSport and I asked if they could press in SuperPro bushings they had. I’m not sure they are doing this for other customers.

Hmm. Interesting! Well I will ride it till it starts to give me issue than swap the bearing. I’d imagine my mechanic could swap it for me if/when the time comes

So far it’s passed the wife test but we’re also not using the AC right now