GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance Chip

Vibrati0n

Hey guys, I have a 2010 2.5L v5 Golf, and I really want to put in a nice performance chip, it doesn't matter how many stages, I've been trying to do a lot of research on it and there doesn't seem to be one particular chip that stands out, could anyone help me out and suggest some chips? I would really appreciate the help.

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
Well, just to cover the bases here for any advice, I am going to say this. First you should do a cold air, if you havent already. Its just as much of a gain in HP and Torque but for half the price. Second, the type of tune you will want to get depends on your area and/or location to the dealer.

The 2010 is limited in tune selection since not everyone has released software for it yet. I know unitronic has a tune available, but you need to verify that your ECU number is covered.

here is the link http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/main/en/files/155_2010-2012_volkswagen_golf_mk6_25l_170hp.html

isons429

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I have a 2010 2.5L v5 Golf, and I really want to put in a nice performance chip, it doesn't matter how many stages, I've been trying to do a lot of research on it and there doesn't seem to be one particular chip that stands out, could anyone help me out and suggest some chips? I would really appreciate the help.

Unitronic and C2. But I am curious because you say you have been doing a lot of research but nothing stands out, may I ask what you have found? I know of only 2 companies that provide software for a MY 2010 2.5. Have you found any other companies offering tuning options for our cars?

Vibrati0n

Unitronic and C2. But I am curious because you say you have been doing a lot of research but nothing stands out, may I ask what you have found? I know of only 2 companies that provide software for a MY 2010 2.5. Have you found any other companies offering tuning options for our cars?

Unitronic was one of the main ones I found but there isn't an authorized dealer close enough for me to warrant getting the upgrade done. There were a few other upgrades available but the products were only offered via their physical stores and I was looking more for something that I could install myself but I haven't really found anything yet.

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
Unitronic was one of the main ones I found but there isn't an authorized dealer close enough for me to warrant getting the upgrade done. There were a few other upgrades available but the products were only offered via their physical stores and I was looking more for something that I could install myself but I haven't really found anything yet.

:confused: I hope you dont mean your looking for a tuning chip!? Those are junk, either get your ECU tuned, or dont do it at all. Those drop in chips are gonna create more problems than its worth.

allset

Go Kart Champion

but if u are dont waste ur money on flashing a non turbo engine .........expensive for minimal gains. go with bolt ons.