GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P3 Vent Gauge Auto-Dimming wire

808bahn

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

For those who have installed the P3 gauge, where did you tap the green wire to for the Auto-Dimming function to work? I searched and read that you can do it on Pin#10 of the light switch, but how do you connect it to that? Do you just splice it to the Pin#10 wire? Are there any other place you can connect it to? TIA.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

For those who have installed the P3 gauge, where did you tap the green wire to for the Auto-Dimming function to work? I searched and read that you can do it on Pin#10 of the light switch, but how do you connect it to that? Do you just splice it to the Pin#10 wire? Are there any other place you can connect it to? TIA.

Looks like Pin 10 is the one per the AWE instructions:

For Dimmer Knob Controlled Gauge Backlighting:
Switched 12V: Red gauge wire to the Black/Purple headlight
switch wire at position 4.
Dimmer Control: Green gauge wire to gray headlight switch
wire at position 10
Constant 12V: White gauge wire to the Red/White headlight
switch wire at position 8.
Ground: Black gauge wire to the Brown headlight switch wire

PDF here: http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/installation_instructions.AWE_mk6_ventboostgauge.pdf

I'd use the Posilock connectors as supplied with this set-up. Easy to use, compact, no stripping or hassles.. Get em here: http://www.easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Posi-Lock/posi-lock.html

808bahn

Ready to race!
Thanks Steve! Much appreciated.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Steve! Much appreciated.

No problem!
I've always been one to cut, spice and solder, but I have to say, the posilocks are trick...Especially on the fine wires used in the switch. Good luck!...:thumbsup:

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Yep, just used the gray wire for the dimmer on my Tiguan too. Seems like VW kept with the color scheme.

808bahn

Ready to race!
Great! Thanks.

Yep, just used the gray wire for the dimmer on my Tiguan too. Seems like VW kept with the color scheme.

Jonnyboi

Bringing this back from the dead. I tapped my green wire into the grey #10 wire coming from my headlight switch but it still doesn't dim when I turn on my Headlights. Is there a config setting or something I have to enable for it to work?