GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage II GTI vs X6 Mpower

So on my way home tonight I encountered a BMW X6 M. He had his girlfriend in the passenger side and a N sign (young driver) in the back. It was raining quite hard and we were on a highway. I was following behind him and I felt that he was driving slow on purpose. I pulled up to him at the next red light. I accelerated at my usual paste and he matched my speed till 60-70km/hr. We held constant at 70km/hr and I decided oh what the hell, let's see the outcome of this. I try accelerating as fast as I can, trying my best to keep my traction and I was ahead for less than 2 seconds. After 2 seconds he blew right past me, I was going at 114km/hr when I saw his rear tail lights. It is obvious that I would lose to a 100,000 car, but it was still fun to try. Hope you enjoy the story!

oh i dont think they are.. but their tires are twice the width of mine.. and they have AWD... dry day would be another story : )

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Dont they have like 550hp, no matter the weight, they're fast, probably in the sub 5 second range 0-60.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
The X6M is one of those cars I feel should be below the "tuned hot hatch" league. Just because it's an SUV (or CUV, you picky bastard :p). No matter what the state of tune, I'd feel like a kid with his plaything pulling up next to one :eek:

darkorb

Go Kart Champion
oh i dont think they are.. but their tires are twice the width of mine.. and they have AWD... dry day would be another story : )

dry or not, u have no chance.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
AWD+500hp=you have no chance :(

Dry or wet off the line he has the advantage in traction. On top of that he has a monsterous amount of HP more than you. I say the only way to beat it is with a something like the Super Beetle that APR has built. AWD+500hp in a lighter package!

or stage 3 golf R?

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Dont they have like 550hp, no matter the weight, they're fast, probably in the sub 5 second range 0-60.

Exactly! A stage 2 GTI is no match for an X6 in the straights or the Twisties. It is one of the best grocery getters out there... Then again it should be for the price tag.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Horsed around with one of these like two months ago.. definitely no joke. The sound of those turbos spooling is amazing and from the sound they have a similar DSG pop in the exhaust.. just a lot beefier sounding.