GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is a intake flutter sound normal?

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
You sound ignorant.

You're entitled to your opinion but stay on subject and don't bother attacking me. The research I did was on their product information page which they legally are obligated to update with known issues they acknowledge. They didn't do this, so I'm not saying anything inaccurate and again I did my research which honestly shouldn't have to include every forum post ever when they've publicly acknowledged the issue... It should be updated on the product info page. Period.

And lol at race cars, get some reality.

The sound isn't an issue though. If you're picky and don't enjoy hearing that beautiful turbo spool and flutter then get an enclosed filter or by an NA car.

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
The sound isn't an issue though. If you're picky and don't enjoy hearing that beautiful turbo spool and flutter then get an enclosed filter or by an NA car.

Oh dont get me wrong, I LOVE the spool sound, just making sure that breaking up/flutter spooling sound was normal. Boost is holding perfect, car runs great; just making sure it wasn't an indication of any issues.

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
The Unitronic intake and software exaggerate this awful issue and they want another $200 of your dollars to resolve it. I'd rather buy the DV+ to resolve the issue an give more money to the shady company that sold me products they admit have these issues but have magically created an upsell to resolve. It's also negligent on their part to not mention this in the product info page but acknowledge it elsewhere on the web.

Don't buy their relocation kit, there are ways to resolve it that don't require giving criminals more money.

I personally reached out to you back in June to offer you options to ensure your complete satisfaction, along with our Authorized Dealer on the line that made the original sale of our Intake to you, as you felt that a refund was appropriate. You had acknowledged via email the same day we offered the options to you that you felt our offer and assistance was fair but declined. We also agreed that with the decline of the offer, the slanderous attacks here would be foregone as well.

You sound ignorant.

You're entitled to your opinion but stay on subject and don't bother attacking me. The research I did was on their product information page which they legally are obligated to update with known issues they acknowledge. They didn't do this, so I'm not saying anything inaccurate and again I did my research which honestly shouldn't have to include every forum post ever when they've publicly acknowledged the issue... It should be updated on the product info page. Period.

To re-iterate what I've replied to you in the past, the DV Relocation Kit was designed initially for use with our K04 Upgrade Kit. This product was NOT designed as an upsell to eliminate the "flute" sound when using our Intake, which isn't an problem with our product as you make it out to sound, as the "flute" sound is simply the nature of a free-flowing intake and design of the DV.

Last edited:

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Other option is to ping Unitronic, if you want confirmation. Since you do have their software and hardware.

Great idea!

Unfortunately I don't hear much flutter in the video posted in the original post and the boost looks to be holding strong as it should be! Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions!

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Thanks John, glad I can always count in your immediate feedback

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
The flutter is normal you just hear it more with different style intakes. I heard it with a carbonio.