GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help with fitment

nich180

So i Just bought my GTI 2 months ago and I am new to the forum.
I have been looking for the best fitment for my situation and have searched for weeks and can't find much but the tire chart for wheel size and offset.

So I am planning to buy H&R super sport springs, run some camber but not much(about 1 degree maybe slightly more). my front fenders are rolled and pulled slightly(the car was bought like this). I was thinking about running 18x8.5 wheel with a 40 offset. I don't know whether this would be good for my situation and what tire would I want since my fenders are already rolled could i fit a fatter tire?
If there is a thread like this, sorry that I couldn't find it, but I usually found people without rolled fenders.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Better roll the rear fenders as well. My wheels are the same specs.

nich180

The rear 18x9.5 ET40 would poke out 0.7" more than the tried and true 8.5" ET45.

Better roll the rear fenders as well. My wheels are the same specs.

So what should I get since my front fenders are slightly rolled and pulled. And aren't the rears already rolled except for the fender liner? I wanted to do a 9.5 inch wheel but don't know if I would be able to without hitting control arms or poking too much.